Critical Headquarters

Full Version: 48 Hour Marathon Donations Open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://critical-hq.net/donations-for-48-...thon-open/

To start I am throwing down $100. Hoping a few people will donate to help out. If you didn't see my post on the concept View it Here. We don't ask for much but a lot of us have spent a lot of time on this game to keep it alive so if you can spare some cash please do.

CURRENT PRIZE POOL:
$1000

What about the gladiator money? I thought some teams didn't take the prize.
I will ask odo
At this point we have only raised $55 (in addition to the $100 I have donated) and therefore are $345 from our goal. I have been told by a couple people they plan on donating May 1st. However, if we don't raise some more money in the next week/week and a half I am going to considering refunding all the donations and canceling the tourney. Once again, I am a bit disappointed people can't throw $10 or $15 with the amount some of you play this game. We have run 8229 CTA's since the AC move and run multiple leagues.
Update: We have gotten an additional $250 in donations. We are now $95 from our goal!! I am going to start locking down potential dates and so we can assemble a ref team. You do not have to be a CTA ref to ref in this tourney. Please PM me if you are interested.
(04-27-2015, 10:55 AM)cyro Wrote: [ -> ]Update: We have gotten an additional $250 in donations. We are now $95 from our goal!! I am going to start locking down potential dates and so we can assemble a ref team. You do not have to be a CTA ref to ref in this tourney. Please PM me if you are interested.

Consider us $20 from the goal as I will donate the additional $75 that I promised you. I encourage players to get in on the reffing so we can have the entire time slot covered.
Update: We have now surpassed our goal (if you count the additional money Otacon is donating) and are currently at $530 for the prize pool. A few others have told me they will donate within a week or two one being $100 which means we have a real chance to get the prize total up to $700 or so which would be awesome. Thank you very much those who have donated.
Who is dis godly person that donated $250? Congrats on achieving the goal!

EDIT - Found out, what a great guy. The most generous people to this game have been Michiganders.

What's the plan that will accompany this tournament to attract new players?
Update: Prize Pool now at $650
Nice! Kind of wish this was turning into a league or longer tournament instead, the prize pool is closing in on what we had for Gladiators, which was the peak of activity for well over a year. A lot of people are probably unable to make those two specific dates. (Although, we should still have the marathon, just not throw that large of a prize for the winning team.)
Pages: 1 2