Critical Headquarters

Full Version: Official CriticalMass Date June 12-14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Friday June 12th (7PM EST) - Sunday June 14 (7PM EST)
Awesome, mark your calendars folks!
Fudge, i wont be availble those days. GL, hopefully this will bring some attention to AC! How are you planing to advertise for this?
How is this going to be run? Top 8 teams or individuals win? Are we signing up teams, or will this be CTA/ladder based?
Is this non-stop for 48 hours? Whoever sleeps the least has the best chance of winning?
(05-14-2015, 01:10 AM)tempest Wrote: [ -> ]How is this going to be run? Top 8 teams or individuals win? Are we signing up teams, or will this be CTA/ladder based?

Each game will be formed by the rating system and there will be no formed teams. The reason I went this route is that this is strictly to try to bring new players to the game and I felt like teams would crush the incentive. Top 8 players of total wins (not win %) will receive the cash prizes. The tentative prizes are listed here http://mass.critical-hq.net but are subject to increase if we receive more donations.
Why not go for a minimum games played during the marathon and best winning percentage? Realistically alot of us have families and we aren't going to be able to stay up for 24 hour straight..

Also I would think cheating could occur if someone wanted to sleep and they had someone play for them just so they could get some wins..
(05-18-2015, 03:42 AM)Fudorm Wrote: [ -> ]Why not go for a minimum games played during the marathon and best winning percentage? Realistically alot of us have families and we aren't going to be able to stay up for 24 hour straight..

Also I would think cheating could occur if someone wanted to sleep and they had someone play for them just so they could get some wins..

Going to stick to total wins. Refs will use their discretion and if any foul play is suspected we will deal with accordingly. We are still forming the official set of rules but we plan on putting in safeguards (i.e. if you leave early more than once you are disqualified) to ensure fair play.