Critical Headquarters

Full Version: Lobby Chat won't load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, so when I log onto the Armor Critical webpage, it seems like it's connecting fine using my username & password. The maps seem like they might loading a little slow, but they eventually show up, and work. I can join maps and play games fine, but the bottom part of the screen where the chat used to be isn't loading. It reads "Connecting..." above the "Name" & "Clan" titles.

I tried to mess around in settings, but that all seems to be about gameplay. Launch mode and stuff didn't change anything with the chat not showing up.
I am currently using FireFox 35.0. I also tried using Internet Explorer 11 with no luck either.

Is it possible that I am banned from the Lobby, but not from playing???

I am on a very good computer running windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance.
OK, so I finally got into the chat tonight. But like after 10 minutes of reloading.

I had to change my "Launch Mode" in the settings, save, than refresh the webpage. Over, and over again until the chat showed up.
And this only worked on Internet Explorer, I still can't load the chat under FireFox...

I also made sure that my Java was up to date, and it is now.

I don't want to have to do this every time I want to log onto "Armour Critical" (do people call it that now, or are we sticking with ARC?). So if anyone has any ideas, they would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Launch mode would not prevent the chat from loading. It has to be something else. My guess is firewall/antivirus related.
So I still have this problem. I just have to keep reloading the webpage until the chat loads. Sometimes it takes 3 tries, sometimes 15 tries. It's pretty annoying.

How can I figure out whether it's firewall or antivirus related?? I don't want to turn my antivirus off..

Thanks.
You only need to turn it off for a few mins to test if its the cause or not. Have you tried chrome? The game never has worked on IE for me and I used to play on firefox but that also no longer works. Chrome is the only one still functional for me.
lol @ antivirus
So I also tried Chrome now, and the same thing happens.

I turned off my anti-virus (which is Avast), and that works!
So I added the webpage "http://armorcritical.com/chat" &"http://armorcritical.com" to my exclusions on Avast. It didn't seem to do anything. So I just reload the webpage a bunch of times until it works every time I play.
I don't want to have to switch my antivirus to a different program just for this? What should I do??

ALSO, I can't see incoming or outgoing PM's on my user name spliff.
But when I log on to a different username, my PMs work. How did that happen??? I don't want to have to change names. Help?

Thanks.
Hey! So probably not like anybody cares, but the lobby now loads first time, every time! Wicked!

Also, I can now see received and sent PM's!

I didn't change anything. Everything all the sudden started working on its own. So I don't know if the admins or programmers fixed anything, or just some weird bug that worked itself out. But just a heads up if you guys did do anything. My shit is fixed.

Thanks~