#Login Register
CTA Board Applications OPEN
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

06-08-2015, 09:07 AM #1
cyro Forum Administrator
Looking for someone to backfill my CTA board spot so I can officially step down. I want to be able to work with this person to help give CTA at least the very least continue the momentum we have gained over the last couple years. If you are interested please talk to Otacon/Myself/Cartman/Yoshi.

06-10-2015, 03:56 PM #2
Fordus Still n00b
Who are the current board members, and what are the responsibilities of board members?

06-11-2015, 11:51 AM #3
cyro Forum Administrator
The board was DE, Bene, & Turbo but are all inactive.

The temporary board I setup is myself, yoshi, cartman, & otacon.

Essentially the CTA Board is in charge of CTA related issues, ideas, bringing on new refs, ect.

07-08-2015, 12:59 PM #4
cyro Forum Administrator

07-08-2015, 01:05 PM #5
Bone Still n00b
Sign me up. It's all I've ever wanted.

07-09-2015, 05:52 AM #6
RoboTech Veteran
[Image: 7j88M4y.png]

An Application for CTA Board Member

Ref Experience:
I got my education in APL and other major/minor ARC leagues. Hand writing statistics from blue team, and having to carefully choose MVP's before cheap statistics took over. From there I went forward to several leagues. It is safe to assume I have refereed in just about every league I have been active to witness, with the exclusion of Armor Critical leagues. I have been a CTA ref on and off since its' beginning.

What would make me a good board leader:
I really love what CTA has brought to the game, and what It could essentially become. We have an entire Rating System based off of CTA now. Most of the community plays for CTA. These are fantastic things, and also terrible things. I understand the concept of CTA, and real competition. I understand the theory of Pubs vs CTA games. I get the importance of popular events, icons, leagues, and common interest. With this knowledge I believe I could help shape the future of CTA to better fit our community's common interest, staying alive as a game. I could also maintain the site, as well as help evolve it over time, being an experienced web developer mainly focused in HTML, CSS, and strong CMS work. Minoring in php, mysql, and other fields.

Reasons against me:
(1)There was a good 2-3 years I got drunk as fuck and ruined my reputation. Getting myself banned way too much, and ruining some "friendships" from this game.
2) I don't host the most CTA matches out of all the ref's.
3) You probably just don't like me.

My Rebuttal:
1) I flat out just don't drink anymore. I never really liked it anyways, and I've never been a problem without it.
2) Whether I host always or not, I am always around to, on my off hours. When no refs are around, I usually keep the games flowing. I consider myself more of a back up Hoster. I often help with games when some refs lag out or have trouble uploading. I help direct players into CTA's even if I am not playing them. Lastly, I don't kill pubs to host. Of course, I could host a little more aside from these reasons, and of course a promotion would spike that.

Ending Statements:
I am active, and willing. I don't want the position for the power. I want to help create CTA as the competition mecca it is set up to be. It has a good start, and now needs a strong finish.

If our lives were great we wouldn't need second ones on this hell hole.
Coldfire- / Fire u^B / RiddeN / Eskimo
Director of Competitive Gaming
{ReignSupreme} High Council

07-09-2015, 06:50 AM #7
eekum Veteran
Fiya is distancing himself from the game a bit?

RIP ARC... finally.

[Image: g3mWN22.png]

07-09-2015, 10:01 AM #8
Fudorm n00b
I would like to be considered for a position as a ref. I feel i could benefit the community as a whole , and I've been active since the beginning. I'll talk to you more in game.

07-10-2015, 05:50 PM #9
Fordus Still n00b
I'd offer but don't know if I'm the right fit. My interests are admittedly more aligned with competitive nightly 4v4. I'm not a huge CTA enthusiast, but I certainly appreciate its importance and role within the game, and I even have fun in them every once in a blue moon.

Problem is, with as small a community we have, I don't think there should be a "CTA Board", so much as I think there should be a more broad operative team that oversees and represents all interests and venues, and is committed to both integrating and distinguishing them as appropriate.

Basically, I think efforts focused on just CTA would be focusing on trees instead of the forest. A few off the top of my head:

-DHT needs to be fixed/eliminated. It's very buggy and only some of the settings have been able to be overriden. In SGLGOnoDHT, my deaths have alternated between 18 second pen times and 16 second pen times. It's really weird.

-The rating system needs to be fixed/scrapped/revamped. The algorithm is buggy, at least for some player accounts. It's design also does not fit into a DHT-driven context, which drives games towards equilibrium and yet the rating system algorithm punishing you for not meeting "expectations", i.e. more than 1 or 2 cap victories. From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I also think people's ratings shouldn't decrease if they win a game. Maybe they don't gain points if their team was rated way higher or whatever obviously, but don't make them lose points.

Once these issues are fixed, there would be a much more solid foundation for independently run initiatives such as leagues, tournamenets, ladders, and so on. Right now, the faulty rating system makes a ladder problematic, and the DHT makes a league or even private games (like the private 4v4s geno andmyself have been running) frustrating. In numerous games, I've had a 15 or 16 second spawn time when my opponents on the other team had the normal 18 second spawn time. This would alternate every other death. It's dumb.

/end rant

07-19-2017, 01:38 AM #10
Perspolis n00b
I would love to help...give me a reason to come back and play this game. I do miss it quite a bit