#Login Register
Armor Critical Development & Status Update
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

04-07-2014, 12:21 AM #1
Chris AC Operations Team
Unfortunately AC has sat dormant for some time with little to no progress. There are several of us now working hard to change that. Here are some of the latest developments in that effort (good and bad):

1. A significant deposit was paid to our new developer. He is currently spending his time learning our code, which will take a few weeks. Once he gets a level of understanding that he is comfortable with, he will begin working on a list of 20 items that Assailant and I presented to him. This includes critical structural fixes, major bug fixes, and a couple of feature needs (such as /ignore).

2. We lost our main hub, Chicago, without warning, and unfortunately it set us back a bit. The game is up, but the clan site, the map upload, and other things still need to be re-added. Glazor is going to be helping us with getting those things back to where they were. We are working on getting him the access he needs to help us with that stuff.

3. These forums have essentially become the new game forums, and although not yet perfect, they are more user-friendly than what we had. Cyro, niveus, and myself have spent time making changes to the forums to make them more user-friendly and appealing, and that will continue.

4. We added a new hub, New York, that should serve as the main hub for any games. It is more powerful than the machine that the lobby is currently on, and does not have the lobby to drain resources from it. Therefore, I highly recommend that you select NY when creating games.

5. The old CTA site and stats have been recovered, and cyro is incorporating them into the current CTA site and stats, and will separate them by season so old stats don't wash out new ones.

There are several people working on projects to make improvements in many areas, and I want to personally thank them all. There has definitely been a sudden, significant boost in motivation, which is exactly what this game needed to begin the process of moving forward. If anyone else wants to get involved and has some web development/coding/etc experience, please let me know.

Chris/RareOps - AC Operations Team
Armor Critical Website
Facebook

04-07-2014, 02:27 PM #2
niveus AC Developer
I just wanted to point out that if you're interested in helping but have no web development or coding experience there are still projects such as guide making or map making that would help significantly. Think about when you first joined this game and what has helped you. If you put it into words, we would love your help. Still not sure? Come talk to yoshi or me and we can set you up with some tasks

05-12-2014, 06:25 AM #3
eekum Veteran
(04-07-2014, 12:21 AM)Chris Wrote:  1. A significant deposit was paid to our new developer. He is currently spending his time learning our code, which will take a few weeks. Once he gets a level of understanding that he is comfortable with, he will begin working on a list of 20 items that Assailant and I presented to him. This includes critical structural fixes, major bug fixes, and a couple of feature needs (such as /ignore).

It's been a month and we have heard nothing.

What is the deal here?
Don't give us some bullshit excuse "the dev is still learning the code."

If it's taken this guy a month+ to learn this code, he's not very good.

05-13-2014, 05:01 PM #4
tengo Veteran
^

an update would be helpful

05-16-2014, 10:28 PM #5
Chris AC Operations Team
I just returned from a conference. I'll collect some info ASAP and give an update. Likely this weekend.

Armor Critical Website
Facebook

05-20-2014, 01:37 AM #6
eekum Veteran
Any update?

[Image: g3mWN22.png]

05-20-2014, 10:25 AM #7
Chris AC Operations Team
Nothing major. Our java dev ran into an issue, got in touch with SpringGuy who helped him (missing some necessary files), and now he's back on track again. I will push for more details! Thanks for the patience.
This post was last modified: 05-20-2014, 10:26 AM by Chris.

Armor Critical Website
Facebook

06-09-2014, 08:16 AM #8
oTaCon AC Administrator
Any updates for our ever patient community?

[Image: AiDd4fG.png]

06-10-2014, 10:54 AM #9
eekum Veteran
(06-09-2014, 08:16 AM)oTaCon Wrote:  Any updates for our ever patient community?

It's quiet when it comes to this topic..

I can't imagine why.. Dodgy

06-12-2014, 12:38 PM #10
eekum Veteran
This is hilarious.

Thread Closed