#Login Register
CTA Update
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

01-28-2016, 08:44 AM #1
Genocide n00b
Hey guys,

With the new client and current spike in activity also comes a change not only in leadership but some new additions to CTA.
As far as the leadership goes, myself and Fordus will now be running CTA as a whole. Other positions will be filled in the days to come. Some of you old refs may have noticed that you are no longer part of the CTA website, that is not a mistake, as me and Ford step forth and  take the helm we will not only be replacing those of you who have gone inactive but re-evaluating some of the ones who still currently have access to the CTA site.

Now to some additions that will be worked on and hopefully added in the days / weeks to come:

1. This first one is not so much an addition as it is a reassurance to some of you who enjoy CTA as it currently operates. There will still be daily games hosted by refs as this function of CTA has kept AC above ground and has helped it retain many of the players who still play today.

2. We also look forward to bringing together weekend tournaments structured around both individual and team based nature. With the success we saw with Critical Mass I think steering in a direction with more activities of that sort on a weekly / monthly basis will help reinvigorate those of us who crave competition.

3. Another major aspect of AC that we have seen to be lacking is Clan based competition. We have had a couple tournaments over the years with some success and are now looking to incorporate a ladder / rating system which revolves fully around clan / team based competition.

4. Once again We will be hosting Nightly Competitive 4 v 4's. While they will no longer be every single night (the Schedule of which will be decided in the coming days) this type of game will again be aimed at the higher level players looking for a more competitive edge than what a regular CTA game has to offer.

Again, this is just a brief summary of what we hope to accomplish with CTA. We look for your support and attendance once it all kicks into high gear in the coming days.

Thank you,
Genocide

01-28-2016, 09:20 AM #2
niveus AC Developer
Thanks Genocide.

PS. Fordus, I am still waiting for my beta invite. WTF.
This post was last modified: 01-28-2016, 09:20 AM by niveus.

01-28-2016, 11:22 AM #3
cyro Forum Administrator
Glad to see some people take initiative to bring CTA to the next level and also work on bringing more competition back to the game.

tocs.

01-29-2016, 06:24 PM #4
tengo Veteran
Excited to hear about new initiatives for CTA and the spike in activity. How inflated has the lobby gotten in the past week?

Not too excited to hear that someone who doesn't play CTA is now in charge of CTA. I guess it can't be worse than the current "competition committee."

Goodluck and don't forget the famous proverb: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

01-30-2016, 04:36 AM #5
niveus AC Developer
(01-29-2016, 06:24 PM)tengo Wrote:  Excited to hear about new initiatives for CTA and the spike in activity. How inflated has the lobby gotten in the past week?

Not too excited to hear that someone who doesn't play CTA is now in charge of CTA. I guess it can't be worse than the current "competition committee."

Goodluck and don't forget the famous proverb: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

He does play CTA. He hosts CTAs for others too (Even if he doesn't play in them)

01-30-2016, 10:42 AM #6
tengo Veteran
(01-30-2016, 04:36 AM)niveus Wrote:  
(01-29-2016, 06:24 PM)tengo Wrote:  Excited to hear about new initiatives for CTA and the spike in activity. How inflated has the lobby gotten in the past week?

He does play CTA. He hosts CTAs for others too (Even if he doesn't play in them)
I'm not talking about Genocide

01-31-2016, 01:20 AM #7
Genocide n00b
I get the concerns from Tengo and we are using "If it Ain't Broke Don't Fix It". In my post the first point I made was a reassurance to everyone that CTA format would not change and would continue to run daily games as normal. Only thing thats changing / being added is a bit more of a competitive edge for all players, including those who are of a more competitive nature (Which is why we will be bringing back Nightly Competitive 4 v 4's) and is also why I thought Fordus would be an excellent addition to this new side of CTA which I hope will bring about both activity and competition.