#Login Register
AC needs our "Cool Guys" back!
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

10-07-2016, 07:29 AM #1
RoboTech Veteran
Hello There! I'm RiddeN. I use to be known as Coldfire-, and then I tried smurfing to get into better clans, because I'd always had the passion for building lower level ones up, and then going insane somewhere in the mix. This is one of the things that makes me an ARC Psychopath. I'm here today to talk to you about how this game is missing all its "Cool Guys." You know what I mean! Those people who filled the community with pleasantness and vibe. Impact and competition. Those cool ass guys, who now without, are really making it a hard era to be in. I encourage you to read this post for informational purposes, and to some a self-help guide. Enjoy the entertainment values if you have to..

Yoshi
I mean, easily the coolest of arc guys ever. Always made things a good time. Carried a clan in every way. You couldn't look Yoshi in the face and tell him he's wrong, and If you did or even tried to, you were an asshole. Yoshi's presence unknowingly kept an invisible line in the outrageous. He was a fun guy, but kept the rules going in the end, and there was a bit more social structure when he was around. I think Yoshi makes everyone want to be better too. If he were around and a Guide or Admin of some sort, people would dial their shit back to an appropriate, more enjoyable level.

RonStoppable
This guy was known for lagging his ass off, and saying pretty much nothing but, ^^. He was always filling the pubs up with a good time. I miss seeing all the ^^ in the chat. I've spent years around this dude in the community, and its personality like this that makes me want to kill everyone left playing. Ron and players alike who enjoyed the game, and found small ways to put their stamp in us are the things that make us fanatics. If more people tried to be like Ron, we wouldn't have so many assholes. So remember, WWRD^^

HunTer
Just a great dude. He's got a good heart and a good player all around. I miss having this dude around, he just made everything better. A great clan leader with loyalty, dignity, and a well developed thought process makes this guy missed. {RS} was a better place when he was around, and he came a long way with it. Inspirational people like this, who learned the game with their clan and stayed with it are rare to find. I have over 6 years of glory with this guy playing like shit to better than me, and its great to have those people around. He made other people want to create clans, and showed them if you work for it glory can be yours.

mEEk
I don't think there is anyone I could respect more than mEEk. As a clan leader, he is the best. He is raw integrity and moves with intellect. A legacy player, which to me, makes this guy ARC royalty. Much needed assets in todays world. The tone of the clan Violent really changed when he left. That room use to be a place you could enter and learn something from. Which I often frequented, and miss truly. I was better when mEEk was around, and I only knew him shortly. He misses the game feel client based ARC, and true community this game has lost. These are the reasons he stopped playing he's once said. Nothing I can do about the client part, lol, but the community issue I can agree on.

I could easily keep going, and all of those were complete randoms off of the top of my head. Lacking people like this makes it really hard to be around the current community. We are raw trolls, and talking shit is no longer just talking that shit. I love to talk that shit, but you know its fucking sad when I have to make conscious decisions to no longer have a mouth. We need our cool guys back to filter out the current scumbag situation. Otherwise, I plead for an ignore list for the game, like on Sierra.

Tengo
POS number one. Shut the fuck up when you are talking to newer players. You don't show the skills to lead a team. if you are the player with the highest fragging ability, then learn the ability to play accordingly to your team players' decisions, and make them stronger. Stop quoting the handbook of what they should be doing, and blaming the losses on that. You could make your team better sir, so I say again to you, shut the fuck up. Get the balls to create a clan if you want to raise players intelligence. It's getting real hard to see you yell at "newbs" every night. Become a cool guy Tengo. You should be floating with clan invites, and carrying some great team, or building up some rack of wildcards to be the next CaDF, Or actually in CaDF keeping their tradition active. You aren't some renegade doing good wisdom, so I'm not sure what self image you have, but man you are really a piece of shit nowadays. I remember when you made LN really great once, and it's just sad to see you go from that to not uploading your CTA losses and represent nothing but vendettas and annoyance. Take down the wall of arrogance and ego, and be better. That's all I got.

Tsunami
I really pull for you tsu. When I was in one of my lost moments, i saw you alone with jiggy, your tag/clan/whatever it was what you sported, and i just thought. I mean I really sat there and thought on you. I remembered you 2v2ing with Fordus back in the day, and some close APL action you were in line for. You were on the brim of competition once upon a time, and your name all most meant something. You're pure troll now though. No longer a player with trollish tendencies. I wore jiggy wtih you, and for a short time we made glory, and I saw the delusion of slowly adding on players of our type creating the next great mouthy clan to do a lil damage at times. Sadly, you changed and I could see, there are no G's in jiggy. I think you could see glory again though, if you aren't too scared to seek it. You could be one of AC's great Cool Guys if you didn't retire everytime you looked in the mirror. Stop being such a white chick.

Genocide
What the fuck happened to you? You were a cool ass guy. The shit talker that people listened to, and still do for some reason. You were my hero bro. I'm convinced you got finger-banged by the Faur, and turned you into a Swedish Fish. You took CTA over, and instantly kicked half the refs. Not myself, yet. Some were inactive, but everyone was at that time, mainly you removed refs you just didn't like. It was working for a little while, when you actually logged on to host half the weekly Go matches you promised, and had Cartman to host 200 games a month. CTA turned into a shit-show collection of refs not uploading their losses, and holding vendetta's over players like gold. Being in charge of the in-game Ratings is a joke now. Lately things are better, because of natural competition of another organization. You recruited new refs, and put a temporary leash on the bad ones, but facts are facts. The shit stunk worse than Nam. You use to be a cool guy, now I dont know what you are.

Muahaha
You are the best troll on the game, and you are the only vagina left. Questionably.. I don't always like you, but I respect in you certain form. I'd like you to realize the current community and help make more games again. You've been inactive, and I think you are a great filler for nightly matches. You're half a cool guy in my book. Just take the trolling down a bit, you were always more of a newspaper comic troll to me. Had some factual stuff in an entertaining way. I'd look forward to reading more from a real troll.

Bibby
Signature move to leave a game right as it starts. It was a great signature move in a world filled with activity. One which you will never admit, and for some reason so many give you benefit of the doubt on. You were a true troll, and you kept respect with being the best basewarz player of all time. Guess what, no one plays basewarz anymore, and you lost your signature move. The world is too small to pull that shit off nowadays, sadly. I bring you up to tell you one thing. The shit you say no longer makes any sense. Im convinced you are now a bot programmed to say things of relevance and non-relevance equally filtered, always at the worst times. Please, reprogram yourself to make sense, and let's bring back basewarz? I miss the Bibby personality that was once. The one that made sense.

I call out to the current Cool Guys left, and ask you to increase activity, and call out to your brothern to improve our status. I know your backs are hurting, and I'm sorry we aren't better. Please don't leave us too!

"Cool Guys" on AC
loki - das my dawggg, Can't no one flex harder than this dude. Personality, looks, swagger, he's got it all.
Astrok - The Great. I still got this dude's APL poster on my wall man. An iconic hero keeping things fun at all times. I heard CG tried to recruit him for the position of "Cool Guy" only. Increase activty Astrok you cool MFer!
MrJimps - Cool ass guy right hurrr. People give him so much shit, and he just takes it man. Has definitely come along in under a year, and I'm sure will continue to do us proud. Another solid member to the community that has contributed more than most of the scumbags combined.
Phot0n - Cool Guy OG

There's a couple cool-guy smurfs lingering around at the moment. Would be nice to just rock your name. I wonder how you feel about the current Go situation as well? What is competition these days? Does Go still hold glory anymore? The new age Joy has taken storm after the past leagues, and many maps have evolved from it which is fantastic. Laying at night with your eyes closed, can you tell me though, is your glory's home still Go?? I'd like you cool guys and smurfs and older players alike, help bring back some of the Go. Before its G Go Gone.
This post was last modified: 10-09-2016, 12:39 PM by RoboTech.

Coldfire- / Fire u^B / RiddeN
Director of Competitive Gaming
RIP {ReignSupreme}

10-08-2016, 10:03 PM #2
Yosh Forum Administrator
Thanks for the kind words. I'll try to come on every now and then. Deep down I still miss the game.

yoshi

10-12-2016, 01:16 PM #3
niveus AC Developer
uw0tm8

10-13-2016, 05:57 AM #4
Genocide n00b
Lol Nice post (seriously, not being sarcastic).

As far as me kicking most of the refs because I didn't like them? That's just not accurate. Granted I did kick out 90% of the refs but the criteria for that was a 4 month non hosting period. If you were a ref and had not hosted for 4+ months, you got kicked. Some of them, (Darkevil, Otacon, etc..) later became active again and asked if I would take them back, which I did. As far as ratings go?? Talk to Odo about that, since aside from uploading the matches to the site I have no direct control of anyones rating. Any ref who Ive heard complaints about not posting matches because of loses have been dealt with or spoken with (paz comes to mind... why do you think he got booted).

Considering CTA a couple months back had NOONE supervising or monitoring anything, I don't think were doing too badly. Yes, I got busy with real life and we had a period with not enough refs and such, but that has been dealt with. Me no longer being a "Cool Guy" well, I don't know what to tell you, there comes a point when you can only put up with so many of the same idiots doing the same idiotic things before you crack.

"Lately things are better, because of natural competition of another organization."
If you are talking about CG then I think the small success it had was only due to the lack of refs during that brief period of time where I was inactive, which has been rectified with new refs added to CTA. Aside from that, CG itself is no different or more innovative and it is simply a CTA clone with Icons given away from time to time. I have no problem with CG at all to be honest the more "organizations" for competition the better, but to say that until CG came around AC was in a downward spiral is pushing it. It filled the small void of inactivity cta had, nothing more nothing less.

10-13-2016, 07:32 AM #5
RoboTech Veteran
I never referenced that CG brought AC out of a downward spiral. No organization can, that's on the game owners to make this more functional off the bat. My quote, "Lately things are better, because of natural competition of another organization." is referring to CTA. In reference to how you recruited 2-3 new refs, started bringing new variety maps for a week, removed tengo from cta then brought him back under a leash, and decided to retry CTA icon games again since the first/second week of CG's existence and our successful weekly(not time to time) icon matches started..

The ratings comment was just a dispute to how CTA's leadership is different every year, and the reliability of its' games really went out the hole for a good 3 months plus. Making the ratings more fixed, and a bit of a joke. A reason why Odoacer keeps having to bump up the Ratings? You're in charge of the in-game Ratings Geno, you lead the organization that effects them. CG isn't filling a void of inactivity from CTA, it's filling the void of reliability.

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread.
This post was last modified: 10-13-2016, 07:43 AM by RoboTech.

RIP {ReignSupreme}

10-13-2016, 12:16 PM #6
tengo Veteran
(10-13-2016, 07:32 AM)RoboTech Wrote:  I never referenced that CG brought AC out of a downward spiral.  No organization can, that's on the game owners to make this more functional off the bat.  My quote, "Lately things are better, because of natural competition of another organization." is referring to CTA.   In reference to how you recruited 2-3 new refs, started bringing new variety maps for a week, removed tengo from cta then brought him back under a leash, and decided to retry CTA icon games again since the first/second week of CG's existence and our successful weekly(not time to time) icon matches started..

The ratings comment was just a dispute to how CTA's leadership is different every year, and the reliability of its' games really went out the hole for a good 3 months plus.  Making the ratings more fixed, and a bit of a joke.  A reason why Odoacer keeps having to bump up the Ratings?  You're in charge of the in-game Ratings Geno, you lead the organization that effects them.  CG isn't filling a void of inactivity from CTA, it's filling the void of reliability.  

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread.

Ridden being himself as usual - trying to take credit for things he never did (and some things that never happened.) 

New refs were recruited as a response to the lack of CTA refs, not because you started CG. 

Before you criticize how refs operate in CTA and the ratings system, fix your own issues. Your ratings system doesn't even work properly nor is it compatible with the existing system built in the game. Nothing changes from game-to-game in your league, resulting in games that are consistently uneven. Your "website" was built on stolen code from the Gladiators website... you said you wrote the code for Gladiators, then how come your website is filled with errors? Furthermore, pay attention to your own lackluster reffing and your own upload records. Many games are missing in (the broken) CG database. Everybody is aware of this and there's no system of checks and balances to ensure fair play. You don't know when to end games early when the outcome is obvious and you've allowed uneven teams to go on in your favor. 

The sad part is that you'd purposely avoid playing in CTAs and encouraged your own clan members to do the same, as a way of making CG more popular. When this became obvious and didn't work anyways, it stopped. Only a moron like yourself could think of such a crappy idea.

10-13-2016, 02:40 PM #7
RoboTech Veteran
(10-13-2016, 12:16 PM)tengo Wrote:  New refs were recruited as a response to the lack of CTA refs, not because you started CG. 
(Yes, not enough refs to keep up with CG at our start)

(10-13-2016, 12:16 PM)tengo Wrote:  Your ratings system doesn't even work properly nor is it compatible with the existing system built in the game.
How does it not work? Please, tell me what you know about the compatibility? ROFL

(10-13-2016, 12:16 PM)tengo Wrote:  Nothing changes from game-to-game in your league, resulting in games that are consistently uneven.
What does this even mean? Our games are never uneven, we are always doing captains, and setting teams accordingly, Tengo you blame teams or players every loss you have.. If you wanna talk about things everybody knows.

(10-13-2016, 12:16 PM)tengo Wrote:  Your "website" was built on stolen code from the Gladiators website...
The code I used was donated by Cyro and DarkEvil, after experimenting with the Gladiators site, which is the same base CTA used, from a script written by Halow, dumbfuck.

(10-13-2016, 12:16 PM)tengo Wrote:  you said you wrote the code for Gladiators.
No, I said I was the last person to fix it up and get it going

(10-13-2016, 12:16 PM)tengo Wrote:  Furthermore, pay attention to your own lackluster reffing and your own upload records. Many games are missing in (the broken) CG database. Everybody is aware of this and there's no system of checks and balances to ensure fair play.
The only games that are missing, are ones that were deleted for incorrect uploading. Our log is a little slow though, and is about 5-6 games behind in showing. The Ratings however, there is no lag on, and you can see the stats for the games right after they're played. You could keep up with our errors in our Error Reporting thread, and submit any errors you find there though. When we launched, we called the site CG Beta, because we knew errors would happen. Idk what "lackluster" reffing you think you're talking about, but I can show you the videos for all the games you claimed uneven. It clearly shows you being solod the fuck out of then blaming others constantly. Every time you've bitched I've reviewed the games then saved them. So tell me, which one do you want me to show you the clips of and embarrass you with?

(10-13-2016, 12:16 PM)tengo Wrote:  You don't know when to end games early when the outcome is obvious and you've allowed uneven teams to go on in your favor. 
Just because you want to quit/leave early doesn't mean the game should be shut down for everyone else. Play the game, get the people experience. I don't give a shit about you wanting to bust out wins or rush to forget your current loss. The games end at a 5 point loss. I don't know what part about that confuses you. I've never done anything to put the game in my favor in CG, ever.

(10-13-2016, 12:16 PM)tengo Wrote:  The sad part is that you'd purposely avoid playing in CTAs and encouraged your own clan members to do the same, as a way of making CG more popular. When this became obvious and didn't work anyways, it stopped.
Of course I stopped playing CTA. The games weren't being uploaded whenever a ref had a vendetta against you, half the games were shit-shows, or the same map again and again. I made CG, so I wouldnt have to be around that dog shit anymore. I never once encouraged my clan not to play CTA, but I always pushed CG more. Why wouldn't I?? Now that there are newer refs doing well, and some of those problems going away, I've started playing CTA lately.
You are crazy if you say the changes to CTA lately have nothing to do with CG. It is completely obvious it is directly related, bitchboy. If you ask anyone who's actually remained active the past months, they can tell you there has been a 180 in CTA since CG was created. We brought a ton of new maps to the table and our weekly icon matches have been a great variety. We've also brought Go back to the table a shit ton more then it was a month and a half ago. We actually follow the things we say we are planning, and remain active in bettering the community.

RIP {ReignSupreme}

10-13-2016, 05:01 PM #8
tengo Veteran
Nothing ever changes Ridden, you are still a delusional medkit that makes things up. You'll tell people in private that you wrote the gladiator code but here on the forums, it was donated to you by Darkevil and Cyro. The other night you did not upload a loss and you wanted a game to continue when an entire team was saying to call it. The maps are merely remakes of already popular CTA maps. One of your clanmates admitted that you discouraged them from joining CTAs to help bring more players into the CG games. There's two missing games from the database, but nobody gives a shit because every game is irrelevant. Nothing is "responding to CG," myself and others on the CTA staff have agreed to let CG run games out of fairness. On multiple occasions, we've seen your unsuccessful attempts at starting a game when a CTA is running, and that's not our intention.

In the old ARC, a variety of leagues were ran by different players successfully. The person who started AGN, ACL, MLA, LAL or SNL did not act like a white knight. Nobody tried to sabotage other games like you've been. You're a dumb piece of shit that nobody gives a fuck about. You can think that people "are responding to your changes" just like you think you are a good player that actually has advice to give to others. How long have you been training Jimps for?

What are the clips you're going to pull out? All you're admitting is that you get so few kills on better players that you need to save the replay, watch them, and make videos out of them. If you can kill me one out of ten encounters, then you're still a medkit. This reminds me of when you killed Faur that one time and made a forum post about it. You acted like you just won the lottery. Your one in twenty missile shots that connect are not newsworthy.

-Two years ago you lost a losers quit duel

and...

-About two months ago you lost a duel that also got you muted for a week.

It's obvious that you never learn from the past and continue to make things up and run your mouth. For somebody that has always been a non-factor, at least work towards changing that. I wish I could give you props for doing something different, but the fact that you didn't and are trying to create something to take credit for is a joke. You're like a little child who needs attention. You should check into that (and peep the links because you're suppose to keep your mouth shut when you lose 1v1s repeatedly.)
This post was last modified: 10-13-2016, 05:02 PM by tengo.

10-13-2016, 05:58 PM #9
RoboTech Veteran
What games are missing? What loss did I not upload? None of that is true at all. Any games that are missing were uploaded wrong, deleted, and are re-uploaded as the proceeding match. You just make things up anytime people have factual cases against you, and you try to slander them with things that are neither relevant or fact-based. Just mock ups of the past you like to put your own spin on becuase you got nothing. This topic is about how you are a shit head who can't use his skill to lead anything or anyone, so your response is to create false accusations, and reference duels that have no standing? This is based on my opinion and information collected upon the community and cases at various times over the past months.

That loser quits duel, was me challenging you to Crammed, but you were too scared that you had no room to run away in. So you just got very loud about it, made a Go map and I accepted a regular duel in there. Not the loser quits challenge which you were too scared to accept. In both duels you can watch, I am rushing you the entire time, and the specs are calling you a complete pussy each game. You've never dueled me sober or with my glasses or me giving a shit, but none of that has anything to do with this thread. Your lack of uploading your losses over months time, creating low player matches set in your favor constantly in the past, creating rules of your own when CTA leadership's presence goes away, prolly left more games early than Fudorm since we're adding things up, and overall attitude towards anything that doesn't go your way is what really makes you a shit head. Not a cool guy for this games current community. That is the theme of this thread, so stick with it. If you're going to retort at least be factual and informative. This making shit up thing is going way too far with you though.

RIP {ReignSupreme}

10-13-2016, 11:11 PM #10
oTaCon AC Administrator
[Image: fad630cfcb68682fbb7e6fc5ab226e71.gif]

[Image: AiDd4fG.png]