#Login Register
CTA
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

04-29-2017, 10:54 AM #1
CartmanCTA n00b
We have been having alot of backlash lately over what rules apply, and what a ref can and cant get away with.  CTA is about bringing people together to play competitively and to promote activity.  I understand the need for rated games here and there to accommodate the difference in skill between bottom/mid/top tier players as well.  Alot of the refs cant log in to the ref side of forums, so I thought I'd post here on what is and isn't acceptable for you as a player or ref in a CTA game.  If you and you're friends want to play a private game, invite only, then keep it as a private game.  Part of what makes the CTA and ratings work the way they do, is the randomness of who plays in the games.   Rated games aka like 2k+ or higher may be played every few games, but not back to back to exclude players a ref doesn't want in.  If a player starts to troll/afk/sit and type, a ref does have the right to sit them as they see fit, and if it becomes a recurring problem they may sit in their future games as well if theres good merit for it.  Also have been seeing alot of people in game nonstop spam/trash talk the players from spec, that will not be tolerated as well either.  A little competitive talk is fine here and there, but non stop trolling the players and their personal life is not going to be allowed and you will be muted(in the CTA only) for it.   We don't have a large community and we all need to work together to keep what we do have, and be nice and respectful when we do have a new player log on.(I'v seen countless REFS and players harass a new player until they get mad to never log on again).   Being a CTA Ref isn't about choosing who can play and what to do, its about promoting activity in a competitive way that makes everyone want to come back and continue playing, not log off and not want to log back in.

04-29-2017, 11:25 AM #2
niveus AC Developer
I just find it funny that we would have been allowed to upload that game yesterday if we let you play in it.

04-29-2017, 02:20 PM #3
tengo Veteran
(04-29-2017, 11:25 AM)niveus Wrote:  I just find it funny that we would have been allowed to upload that game yesterday if we let you play in it.

It's sad that only a few people understand this.

04-30-2017, 01:38 AM #4
dharma n00b
Cartman, your mission statement "CTA is about bringing people together to play competitively and to promote activity" is perfect. Lets take last night for an example, where Niveus hosted a private game (which was more enjoyable, ran smoother, and more competitive than any CTA in recent memory). His game promoted activity by giving top level players (not me) a break from all the they idiotic boneheads they constantly put up with in CTA. Furthermore, a CTA ran simultaneously which is a rarity, so no one was "left out". Ironically, in the past, you have consistently waited for new players like SeeDee to leave before hosting along with getting upset with them. I assume that was a cheap shot at Tengo, but you are a pot calling the kettle black.

Rated games do not solve the problem entirely because you still have highly rated players that are not enjoyable to play with.

If you have concerns, why not limit private games to a certain day or time? Or, allow it to happen for a few days and see what type of impact it has, then address it from there. Private games are not much different from rated games and without a doubt "bring people together and promote activity" in moderation. I have failed to comprehend why you have decided to make this divisive, instead of seeing this as an opportunity to make changes that will improve CTA and the game.
This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 01:43 AM by dharma.

04-30-2017, 01:54 AM #5
Birdman n00b
Quote:Private games are not much different from rated games and without a doubt "bring people together and promote activity" in moderation.
I agree.

Quote: a CTA ran simultaneously which is a rarity, so no one was "left out".
Nizem hosted a game while another was being played, making the game 3v3 which turned out great. Nizem wanted to wait for other game to end so more players could join his game. but those of us that did join his game stated lets play do a 3v3.

04-30-2017, 03:02 AM #6
dharma n00b
Are we going to stop allowing team captain CTAs if Cartman does not get selected?

07-11-2017, 08:56 AM #7
doubletime n00b
Can I ref