#Login Register
Competition Hour
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

04-30-2017, 07:45 AM #1
CartmanCTA n00b
We are going to start doing an every other day competition hour with CTA, that allows for a private game for the top tier players, ran alongside one for the low tier players. 
 This way the high caliber players can enjoy an occasional hinderance free game, and the low level players can  have a fair and competitive game as well, without having high level players walking all over them.   
I was initially opposed to the idea in general, wanting to promote activity as a whole, but maybe in allowing this we can get more of the old players back and give them a reason to stick around without having to play in games with players they dont want nonstop. 
 Competition hour will be alerted an hour ahead of time for both tiers of players, and will take place two days apart each time.  If you want to play the Competition Hours, you have to also participate in regular CTA to some degree as well to make it fair for everyone.  
 More details/information will come shortly as we finish piecing it all together.  
It is spaced apart for the reasoning of not separating the player base, but just enough to encourage all players to improve from one tier to another.
This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 08:03 AM by CartmanCTA.

04-30-2017, 08:49 AM #2
Bone Still n00b
This just makes a motherfucker sigh.

I know there's already a post ripping you apart about the situation the other night, but this post now just makes me wonder what exactly goes on in your head. So the other night, a group of top tier players on armor critical at that time organized a private 4v4 with the initial intent of it being a CTA. Quite frankly, I personally did not care in the least bit if it was a CTA or not. I'm all for less CTA actually. Irregardless though. You took serious issue with it being a CTA because it was "exclusive" to some people. Some people being you mainly. You have even admitted to this. It would have been totally cool had we invited you. Literally nobody else even complained about it, even though you acted as if it was hurting the masses of people that weren't included.

So now though it sounds like you are okay with all of this, despite acting like it was the end of the world at the time? Just as long as it's something CTA/you have come up with and can dictate how it works. Power hungry much? Plus, it already sounds horrifically planned and executed. Who determines who gets to play in "Competition Hour"? CTA/You? That's the whole problem with the situation the other night. YOU were mad YOU were not included. I bet Cartman gets to play in "Competition Hour" now though. Then on top of all that, you are making it so you only qualify playing in such a prestigious hour of gaming if you also participate in other CTA's? Maybe people don't want to do that. Maybe that's their whole purpose of trying to play in private games. I started to type just now that that is the most absurd thing I've heard from you, but it's pretty par for the course.

All of this is just a moot point though if some people just realized one obvious, but always overlooked, thing; fuck CTA. If everyone as a group just said we will play our own public games and/or private games without the CTA attachment, we can do whatever we want without some moron coming along and telling us we can't do that.

04-30-2017, 09:05 AM #3
CartmanCTA n00b
Do as you want to. You are a known community troll, and do nothing but treat others around you like crap. I'm trying to be fair to everyone in general on here. Of all the years I've played this game and supported it, you have always started things with me for no reason or merit whatsoever, and tried to sabotage and troll it. So you can do whatever you want, I'm just doing this for the ones that did want it added in. Your attitude towards the game/jsut about everyone in general is really dissapointing, and will not be good for when we do get an influx of new players. I'm not here to cater to your every need and want to bend rules, I'm here to make the games run smoothly and accurately.

04-30-2017, 09:22 AM #4
Bone Still n00b
I'm starting to think you are as delusional as bodybag.

Who is it you think you are catering to? You do the things you do because you don't want to cater to ME? How is having some common sense and doing what's RIGHT catering to me? It's not as if what I'm saying is this some off the wall shit that nobody else thinks holds merit. There are other people flat out telling you how ridiculous you are being and have been lately. You have zero ability to step back and think for a second. If you did, you'd realize how right we are and actually do something productive and impactful (as impactful as something can be currently). Instead though, you have the same mindset as you do while playing in-game. You get advice, and you don't listen because you either a) think you are right and/or b) don't care what is right.

My problem is I just don't know when to realize when something is a lost cause. There's little one can gain from attempting to tell someone like you something, so just carry on with this brilliant idea of yours. Even though it's basically what we were doing already the other night that you threw a tantrum about. You have just managed now to put a twist on it that actually make's it pretty shitty instead and you tossed a CTA label on it.

04-30-2017, 09:27 AM #5
CartmanCTA n00b
You guys wanted to run it as a CTA for ratings other night, so yeah that would put a CTA label on it. And if you guys want to do it every night, that cant be allowed for CTA. I'm trying to find common middle ground for it Bone. We all talked and proposed the best solution for it and the psot you read is what we came up with to cater to everyone. If you want an every day nonstop private game, then by all means do so. It doesnt have to be CTA related. The way you guys went about it the other day was completely wrong as well.

04-30-2017, 09:45 AM #6
Bone Still n00b
It's not middle ground because you are entirely missing the point of why we were doing what we were doing. I've already said too, I personally didn't care that that game was or wasn't a CTA. Really Tengo was the only one that cared I believe. I'm fine with him caring for that, though. I disagree with the game just not being played non-CTA, but if that's what he wanted then so be it.

I won't be playing so really this isn't directly affecting me either way. I'll use this an example though. I can stop and realize my own strengths and weaknesses. You seem to lack that ability or are inaccurate with your own assessment.

My strengths... I'm actually a pretty intelligent person. I can analyze situations and come up with a logical way of doing things. I don't let my own personal feelings cloud my judgment either. My weakness... I tend to do all of that even when it's none of my business or going to directly affect me. This being one of those situations.

Your strengths; you are active and ambitious. You have a strong desire to actually improve things. Which is commendable. Your weaknesses; you aren't the brightest person. You don't have the thought process to take charge and run things in an efficient and productive manner. Nor do you have the sack to make tough, ACCURATE, and LOGICAL decisions. You'll take this entirely offensive, which whatever I don't care. Point is though, you should focus on your strengths and realize your weaknesses.

In a perfect scenario, you wouldn't even be Head Ref or whatever your title is that puts you in a position of power. You would be a ref, because that's what you are good at. I doubt you will be stepping down and having someone actually capable of running things take your place though. If there is even an individual that would want to for that matter. So in the likely scenario you will continue to be Head Ref, it would behoove you to take the advice of others, preferably a lot. It would also benefit everyone greatly if the things you did so often weren't directly affected by your own personal feelings. If you were a man of the people as you so often say you are, that would be easy for you. However, it often isn't the case. You should not have been in that private game the other night. Regardless of your own personal feeling about being better or as good as the 8 players there. It shouldn't factor into your decisions. There's no room for that kind of bias in that sort of position, but you do it so often.

Back to the topic. This idea is stupid. Is there a way I can say that better so that no feelings are hurt and everything is fucking unicorns and glitter and shit? Sure. I don't sugarcoat shit though. I also find it extremely weird your complete 360 on the subject, and I question your motives given your admittance to feeling slighted on a personal level mainly because you yourself weren't included in that private 4v4. If this is something you're going to do though, I'd reanalyze your proposed setup for it because this sounds very flawed given it's purpose.
This post was last modified: 04-30-2017, 10:00 AM by Bone.

06-11-2017, 05:34 AM #7
dharma n00b
Had to bump this thread just in case someone missed Bone's description of Cartman: 

"Your strengths; you are active and ambitious. You have a strong desire to actually improve things. Which is commendable. Your weaknesses; you aren't the brightest person. You don't have the thought process to take charge and run things in an efficient and productive manner. Nor do you have the sack to make tough, ACCURATE, and LOGICAL decisions. You'll take this entirely offensive, which whatever I don't care. Point is though, you should focus on your strengths and realize your weaknesses."

Got to love the way some people can put thoughts into words and is the most accurate description of Cartman.