#Login Register
State of Union
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

04-07-2014, 08:42 PM #1
niveus AC Developer
The state of union is strong.

As you may have noticed, there has been new energy and motivation within the community lately. Within many sectors of Armor Critical, projects are stirring and developing. I am not here to address everything on Armor Critical, just what is happening with CTA. Many of our players that have participated or been apart of the CTA staff on Spark may remember the organization that Turbo established. Many of those standards had diminished in the transition from Spark to Armor Critical. The CTA staff has recognized the decrease in quality and are working hard currently to revitalize and rehabilitate many of those standards. These standards will take time to get back, this is not an objective that can be achieved overnight or within a matter of weeks but I believe in building a strong foundation and slowly striving towards these goals at a speed that can manage quality. With permission from cyro, I am leading the charge in bringing back the quality in our daily tournaments.

The first change that I worked towards was bringing back a structural hierarchy within the organization. So I am going to announce the positions that I have re-established.

Board of Directors

The Board of Directors now consist of:

Cyro who will be strongly geared towards the development of CTA. Cyro will be focusing on maintaining the website which includes keeping the site fresh and updated. Cyro is consistently working towards introducing new statistics to the game and adding features to the website. Cyro has shared a few ideas with me that he is working towards, I won't go into these as I will let him unveil his projects as he will be able to talk about the ideas he has in more detail when he is ready. (Note: He has some really exciting ideas Big Grin)

Benevolence was on the Board of Directors when CTA existed on Spark. He did a fantastic job in assisting with the daily operations and he is continuing to put his ideas forward to steer CTA in a direction of general success. He will help us on Armor Critical with the same influence he had on Spark. He has also had tenure in the Armor Critical administration for quite some time now and will act as a liaison between the Armor Critical administration and CTA staff.

Niveus: I also had the honor of being on the Board of Directors on Spark and will continue my role on Armor Critical. I will be strongly focused on the daily operations and maintaining quality control in our daily tournaments. I will also be acting as a liaison between the community and CTA staff. If you have any questions/suggestions/concerns, please feel free to PM me via Critical-HQ forums.

Head Referee

Yoshi has been kind enough to step into the role of head referee. Yoshi will be a critical part of our team as he will be training our referees and generally be overseeing that our tournaments are run successfully. Yoshi has already been doing this without being asked and this has gone so far without recognition. I would personally like to thank Yoshi for all his help and contributions towards this new era of CTA. Yoshi will act as a liaison between the referees and the Board of Directors. Yoshi will be working closely with the Board of Directors and have influence on future policies with the CTA.

To our current referees:

I also want to thank our current referees for their dedication. It is not always easy to run these daily tournaments and I want each one of you to know that the whole community appreciates the time and effort you guys put in. If you are a referee and do not have access to the CTA staff forums, please PM me and I will give you access. It is rather important that you are up to date with the changes.

To the community:

You guys also deserve a big thank you from the CTA staff for being patient with the organization. I understand it can be frustrating when there are no standardized regulations or conventions. I can make you all a personal promise that I will be working hard to make the CTA atmosphere more enjoyable and entertaining. We have some big project ideas that we want to complete, however as I said before this will take time. I want to make sure that our daily tournaments are more structured.

One change that we are currently working towards is the tournament setup. When we spend more time waiting for players to enter the server and picking teams than actual game time, obviously we are not fulfilling our duties as referees. To alleviate some of this pressure, we will be bringing back the signup page. If you have any ideas on how we can minimize the setup time, feel free to let us know within the appropriate channels (such as the CTA forums). This is currently our main priority in essence of pre-game setup.

I would like to thank you all for your patience once again and if you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 08:48 PM by niveus.

04-08-2014, 11:01 AM #2
benevolence AC Administrator
It is definitely encouraging to see the increased activity around the place recently. If you've made it to the forums here I have no doubt that you have noticed the change as well. As Niveus has addressed above, the Staff are going to be working hard in the coming months to restore and renew CTA. CTA has always been an Organisation for the community though, and as such we will be relying on you, the community, to help us in this endeavor.

The easiest and most important way for you to help is by helping us to improve the quality of our CTA games. Do this by being respectful and appreciative of your Referee's, being respectful and encouraging to your fellow players, and by following the Code of Conduct that we will be releasing in the near future.

04-09-2014, 02:14 PM #3
Turbo AC Administrator
Good luck.

Spark Administrator
Founder of CTA and Gladiators

04-09-2014, 04:26 PM #4
tengo Veteran
Looks good Niveus, keep doin God's work my brotha.

04-11-2014, 03:22 PM #5
Unreal n00b
(04-09-2014, 04:26 PM)tengo Wrote:  Looks good Niveus, keep doin God's work my brotha.

What Tengo said.
Thanks for the diligence Dip.