#Login Register
Can we do something about CTA refs that purposely manipulate their ratings?
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

07-21-2017, 02:28 PM #1
tengo Veteran
I know how easy is to submit a game. You simply upload the replay, ensure that the winning team is correct by remembering which team you were on, click upload stats, and then submit. It's so simple that even RiddeN was a ref at one point.

How is it that refs like Mercenary and Elasesino consistently screw these steps up? When I came back a few weeks ago, Ela hosted nine of my games and incorrectly submitted the wrong team winning for two of them. Both times, he picked his team to win. He also submitted this game, in which I had nothing to do with the outcome of the match and the ensuing 2v2 was highly uneven in terms of ratings. If "making a mistake" on 1/3 of your hosted games isn't obvious manipulation, then I don't know what is. This might help your ratings in the short-term, but in the long run players are going to lose confidence in a league/tournament that apparently refs can do whatever they'd like. 

The only reason Elasesino continues to manipulate the ratings is because of the lack of accountability in CTA. There's absolutely zero leadership and nothing is done when cheating like this takes place. What happened to having to play games once the teams are set? Although nobody likes playing with Fudorm, you are obligated to play the match whether or not he's on your team. Good choice on giving privileges to somebody who constantly abuses them.

This game has seen the lowest turnout of players in its history. This type of rating manipulation and ref impunity will only accelerate the decline and keep players away.

07-21-2017, 03:06 PM #2
Fudorm n00b
agreed

07-21-2017, 04:55 PM #3
doubletime n00b
oh people in this game with power abusing their privileges?!? pffft yeah right no fricken way, since when?

07-22-2017, 05:35 AM #4
ElAsesino n00b
Tengo, you constantly argue and fuss with everyone to the point where it's a joke.  

Get some help

07-22-2017, 10:49 AM #5
Perspolis n00b
I'm just here for the drama...continue

07-23-2017, 11:39 AM #6
tengo Veteran
It's hilarious that Elasesino is downplaying the fact that he has a habit of submitting games incorrectly. There are two conclusions to this behavior: either he really is stupid and incapable of following simple directions, or he's a fraud that is only hosting games to serve his own interests.

For those of you who say that your rating drops even after you win, consider how easy it is for someone like Elasesino to continue this pattern surreptitiously: simply upload a game with the wrong team winning and then upload it/change the winning team before sharing the link publicly. This cheat is even easier to do at night when the ratings don't adjust immediately. Not all refs can do this but somehow, Elasesino has the ability to modify and delete games.

There's no better way to kill the spirit of competition than being an incompetent cheater.

07-24-2017, 04:53 PM #7
doubletime n00b
Roasted!

07-25-2017, 12:23 PM #8
Bone Still n00b
It's immensely inconceivable that such tomfoolery would occur under the Cartman regime. However, for role-playing purposes, I have the utmost confidence that said hypothetical issue would be short lived. It would no doubt be handled in a swift, logical, and just manner that directly reflects the unparalleled character of the man himself we've all grown to love and admire. The man. The myth. The legend. Cartman.

07-25-2017, 01:02 PM #9
niveus AC Developer
I haven't been active lately, however, this is something that has stumped me continuously. It seems like the 'review games' screen before approving games are ignored by the majority of refs. This was actually the reason a few years ago not every ref had the power to approve games. Only the head ref and above could approve games. It is a shame that some refs won't take a few extra seconds to verify the stats are correct before being submitted, but what can you really expect with the level of intelligence in this community? I am not surprised.

With the attack on Ela, it did make me kind of laugh. Again I haven't been active and I have no idea what has been going on so my opinion has very little stock on this matter. Ela may be a lot of things, but I don't think he is stupid. If anything it is probably what I said above. People are in a rush to approve stats so they can start the next game or leave. I seriously doubt there is any malicious intent behind it.

07-27-2017, 11:58 AM #10
Bile n00b
(07-21-2017, 02:28 PM)tengo Wrote:  I know how easy is to submit a game. You simply upload the replay, ensure that the winning team is correct by remembering which team you were on, click upload stats, and then submit. It's so simple that even RiddeN was a ref at one point.

How is it that refs like Mercenary and Elasesino consistently screw these steps up? When I came back a few weeks ago, Ela hosted nine of my games and incorrectly submitted the wrong team winning for two of them. Both times, he picked his team to win. He also submitted this game, in which I had nothing to do with the outcome of the match and the ensuing 2v2 was highly uneven in terms of ratings. If "making a mistake" on 1/3 of your hosted games isn't obvious manipulation, then I don't know what is. This might help your ratings in the short-term, but in the long run players are going to lose confidence in a league/tournament that apparently refs can do whatever they'd like. 

The only reason Elasesino continues to manipulate the ratings is because of the lack of accountability in CTA. There's absolutely zero leadership and nothing is done when cheating like this takes place. What happened to having to play games once the teams are set? Although nobody likes playing with Fudorm, you are obligated to play the match whether or not he's on your team. Good choice on giving privileges to somebody who constantly abuses them.

This game has seen the lowest turnout of players in its history. This type of rating manipulation and ref impunity will only accelerate the decline and keep players away.

(07-25-2017, 12:23 PM)Bone Wrote:  It's immensely inconceivable that such tomfoolery would occur under the Cartman regime. However, for role-playing purposes, I have the utmost confidence that said hypothetical issue would be short lived. It would no doubt be handled in a swift, logical, and just manner that directly reflects the unparalleled character of the man himself we've all grown to love and admire. The man. The myth. The legend. Cartman.

I agree with both of you.  ElA fucked up one of my games too and he acts like he's head ref might as well be considering Cartman is non existent.  Cartman I love you bro but step up or step down man.  The activity isn't going to improve on this game if there isn't a ref in the lobby when there is players wanting to play.  There is multiple players on this game that have inquired to you about becoming a ref, myself included.  I know this game is pretty much dead but if we want to continue the little bit of games we have going this shit needs to be addressed.
This post was last modified: 07-27-2017, 12:00 PM by Bile.

/join Reign