#Login Register
Old school ARCer "Quake" Tim Olson (RIP)
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10-13-2017, 11:20 AM #1
Resurrect n00b
Most of you probably do not remember me and/or him... I think he said he tried to come back and play a few matches periodically, but not much. 

He was my absolute best friend since 2nd grade. The best man at my wedding, and like an uncle to my kids. He was a brilliant software engineer for Garmin in Olathe, KS. Out of nowhere he took his own life recently, and all of us are left wondering Why? I remember he wanted to fake his own death online once but that was ages ago! We were teenagers then. 

If any of you have a story to share about your memory of him, please do! Also, if you had a conversation with him that might shed some light on this situation we would like to know. Not crossing our fingers obviously. 

He did suffer with depression for years and was just recently having problems with his medication. He was having increased anxiety and depression in his last week or so... but he had just bought a nice house and was making plans for later in the week to have the carpet replaced! Monday morning he went to work, left for his lunch break... then went to home depot and bought a hose to attach to his exhaust on his truck. He went directly home, wrote a note that just said "I love you, Mom and Dad" and that was it. 

I have lost grandparents in the past but never lost someone I was this close too. It's very difficult. I was not in touch with him the last week before he left, so I just keep thinking over and over that I should have checked in on him. But I had no idea he was even having these problems. He mostly just talked to his Mom and girlfriend about it. Never mentioning suicidal intentions, though. 

This is a shitty post to have to write (tbh), but he and I spent a lot of time playing ARC back in the day. It was a stepping stone for so much more later on. We would always laugh about stuff that happened during that time. I didn't just lose a friend, it was like losing a brother. Thinking about how many years I have left in life that I won't be able to play any more games or remember old times with Tim is pretty depressing. 

Tim's Obit page
Feel free to sign the guestbook or light a candle, etc. etc. 

Resurrect/Matthew

10-13-2017, 02:35 PM #2
cyro Forum Administrator
Damn, sorry to hear. RIP.
This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 12:35 PM by cyro.

tocs.

10-13-2017, 06:10 PM #3
tengo Veteran
I remember seeing him around years ago. Very unfortunate news. RIP.

10-14-2017, 07:26 AM #4
Birdman n00b
That sucks. RIP

10-15-2017, 12:20 AM #5
Yosh Forum Administrator
Damn, Rest in Peace. Sorry about your loss.

yoshi

10-17-2017, 02:11 AM #6
craig n00b
:'( rip

[Image: MaZhDSW.jpg]