#Login Register
Donate to Fund Development
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Thread Closed

04-09-2014, 09:33 AM #1
Chris AC Operations Team
Hi all,

Sorry the old thread was lost, but I'll put the donation link back up here in case anyone wants to donate. As before, all funds will go toward development. A significant portion has already been paid out to begin the process.

http://www.armorcritical.com/donate

Thanks to the following donors:
Drue, Helwor, potdawg, cyro, tengo, NormL, ??*

Current Total: $397

*One person recently donated but I don't know who it is. Please let me know! Thanks
This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 10:20 AM by Chris.

Chris/RareOps - AC Operations Team
Armor Critical Website
Facebook

04-09-2014, 10:44 AM #2
RoboTech Veteran
Can we get more details? What specifically are the current donations going towards? Clan system, debugging, other features? Are you hiring anybody in-house, or are these all random freelancers? Just some things I think people are curious to know before hand.

Coldfire- / Fire u^B / RiddeN
Director of Competitive Gaming
RIP {ReignSupreme}

04-09-2014, 04:56 PM #3
LineOf7s n00b
(04-09-2014, 09:33 AM)Chris Wrote:  Sorry the old thread was lost...

Uh huh. Rolleyes

Carry on.

04-10-2014, 10:01 AM #4
Chris AC Operations Team
Sure Ridden. I had all of that on the old Vanilla forums but lost that data. Here's an update:

4/9/14 - Glazor has restored the clan site and map upload scripts. All of the functionality lost in the server shutdown has now been fixed.

We purchased a New York hub dedicated only to games. It should prove the most stable of the two servers because it doesn't have the lobby drawing on the resources (plus twice as powerful).

The new developer is one that has worked on projects for Assailant for almost a decade. He is minimally familiar with the game but Assailant is very familiar with his work. The developer has been paid a deposit and has begun studying our extensive code. Once he has a sufficient understanding, he will complete as many of the items on the following list as possible:

- Fix the lobby code memory leak causing the lobby to suck server resources (see current Chicago server crashes).
- Optimize our servers for best game performance.
- Fix the Ghosted player bug.
- Fix the damage amplification (close range) bug.
- Add the /ignore feature, and have it apply both in the lobby and in game.
- Fix a security risk (no details).
- Limit the /alert function use to the groups specified by the Ops Team.
- Evaluate and improve play-ability on Macs.
- Implement main page script that determine's a user's browser and Java version, then prompts the user to switch to a preferable browser and update Java if appropriate (Glazor may do this though).
- Fix the PM inaccuracy that occurs when two names are similar.
- Fix the Map-flip bug that causes certain players to lag out.
- Fix the bug that occurs when players with similar names join a game (one cannot enter).
- Fix the timer in domination mode on blue and yellow (doesn't work).
- Increase the accuracy of picking up the flag.
- *Admin function (no details)
- Fix the bug where a game sometimes does not lock if the score is different than an even score and overtime is set.
- Fix the multiple spawns bug that can sometimes cause a player to spawn at one point and then instantly jump to another.
- *Admin command (no details)
- Fix chrome embed mode misalignment.

There is no guarantee that he will be able to completely fix ALL of them, but he should get a lot of them. Once this list has been addressed, we will move on to more minor issues and potentially some new features. It is important to note that studying the code alone can take a month or so, and then working on the items another month or two. It will not be an instant process, but the process has started (finally).

Features:
- Cyro is working on an interface for the replay system, and when that is done Night will code the script for it. No ETA atm.
This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 10:20 AM by Chris.

Armor Critical Website
Facebook

04-12-2014, 03:37 PM #5
stunna n00b
Sup Chris!

I asked tengo for the donation link about a week ago, and I dropped a $20 Smile. that person who you don't know might be me?

keep the up the good work guys! let's keep this game alive forever <3

06-18-2014, 02:31 PM #6
oTaCon AC Administrator
Can we please get an update on the status of our hired developer and if there is any headway being made on the above list? I know that the people who have donated (and those who haven't) would really love a status update.

[Image: AiDd4fG.png]

06-20-2014, 10:12 AM #7
nas AC Operations Team
Ota - I am trying to check into it. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

06-20-2014, 04:51 PM #8
Cheejudo n00b
you will donate, you will not question

ABChee REIGN SUPREME
[7:05:19 PM] FwitG : im more attractive and successful than you'll ever be 'abchee'

06-22-2014, 04:08 AM #9
Chris AC Operations Team
Heard from Assailant who heard from the dev - the guy admittedly has been slacking but Assailant lit a fire under his ass. We have not paid him anywhere near the full amount agreed upon and definitely won't shell out any more until he delivers.

Armor Critical Website
Facebook

06-22-2014, 07:03 AM #10
DarkEvil AC Guide
Thank you for the Update Chris. Much appreciated.

Thread Closed