#Login Register
Instructions for playing AC on mac
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11-27-2018, 03:53 PM #1
pacifist n00b
Explanation:

Similar to AC on Windows, AC on Mac needs an older Java version in order to work. However, MacOS defaults to previously install Java versions even after another version installed so AC still wont work. While there is probably a terminal command that can select the preferred default Java version, the easiest solution is to remove all other Java versions from the system directory.

Instructions:

This is pretty easy, there are two main steps...

1. Download and install an older Java version from https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/...77648.html. I use 8u91 but YMMV with other versions. the only issue with 8u91 is some in-game GUI rendering fails, but nothing that affects gameplay or is that noticeable. I've had some input lag (now solved) but I think that might be related to my system not the Java version.

2. Delete or move all other Java versions from the Java OS directory /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/ .

You may need to restart AC, but at this point it should work! If you have any Mac AC related questions feel free to DM me or contact me in the AC lobby.
This post was last modified: 11-27-2018, 03:54 PM by pacifist.

11-27-2018, 03:54 PM #2
LogiTech n00b
(11-27-2018, 03:53 PM)pacifist Wrote:  Explanation:

Similar to AC on Windows, AC on Mac needs an older Java version in order to work. However, MacOS defaults to previously install Java versions even after another version installed so AC still wont work. While there is probably a terminal command that can select the preferred default Java version, the easiest solution is to remove all other Java versions from the system directory.

Instructions:

1. Download and install an older Java version from https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/...77648.html. I use 8u91 but YMMV with other versions. the only issue with 8u91 is some in-game GUI rendering fails, but nothing that affects gameplay or is that noticeable. I've had some input lag (now solved) but I think that might be related to my system not the Java version.

2. Delete or move all other Java versions from /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/ .

You may need to restart AC, but at this point it should work! If you have any Mac AC related questions feel free to DM me or contact me in the AC lobby.
Thanks Paci!

11-27-2018, 05:10 PM #3
Fudorm n00b
(11-27-2018, 03:54 PM)LogiTech Wrote:  

Instructions:

2. Delete or move all other Java versions from /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/ .

Thanks Paci!
paci any idea how i can get my fudorm and ripperr accounts to work? or am i perma banned i have no way of contacting anyone via lobby

11-28-2018, 09:22 AM #4
Beerus n00b
(11-27-2018, 05:10 PM)Fudorm Wrote:  
(11-27-2018, 03:54 PM)LogiTech Wrote:  

Instructions:

Thanks Paci!
paci any idea how i can get my fudorm and ripperr accounts to work? or am i perma banned i have no way of contacting anyone via lobby
i don't think there is a way, until a few days or a couple weeks... they're supposed to be working on a couple patchfixes before opening the game back up

- destruct. just don't self-destruct...

11-28-2018, 10:08 AM #5
pacifist n00b
you can try to ask redrum/niveus if he has the time but yeah once there is a patch to fix the vulnerability account creation may be reopened. also the account deletion isnt related to you its because wiggy keeps hacking into admin accounts and banning other players so its just a matter of time before its fixed
This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 10:10 AM by pacifist.