#Login Register
RECOVERED THREAD: MESSENGERS ORIGINAL POWER RANKINGS
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

03-03-2014, 02:32 PM #1
cyro Forum Administrator
Let me start out by saying that these rankings are obviously very opinion based. It is from a lot of CTA experience that I have gained the knowledge on where I believe each player should be placed. Who I am to judge? Well, I am a decent player who has been around a long time. If you feel that you are too low on the list then I advise you to step your game up, and continue to improve. So here are the rankings.

The Golden Picks

1. Drue/CaptainFresh/Flash
I think that Drue is obviously the best player that CTA has ever seen. He's always leading his team in frags/damage-dealt. He's a solid leader in-game if he's not raging at his lesser skilled teammates. If Drue is in the game then you're hoping he's on your team, and you're also hoping you don't fuck up.

Teammate Grade: A++

2. Tobias
It was a huge decision on whether to put tobias or bertrada here. I went with tobias in the end because I feel that he's the more active player now, and he has a solid grasp on all the current CTA maps. He's a good teammate and knows what needs to be done in order to win the game. He does sometimes go into troll-mode straight line tactics though.

3. bertrada
This guy is just a monster. He's hard to fight against, and he's very effective at making the most out of every shot. He knows who and how to rape, and where he should be at on the map. He could very well be the best player in CTA if he continued to play and put forth a lot of effort.

4. Yoshi
Yoshi is a good player who knows how to win. It's that simple. He knows how to win games. He may never shut-up, but it's usually not him raging. It's him spamming some dumbass song or saying that him and his friends are at the time spamming every game. I think Yoshi has enough skill and map awareness to make him one of the golden picks for every game.

5. DreAm
Rarely plays, but when he does he's a fragging machine. It's scary to have to go up against DreAm. Also, that hair.

Teammate Grade: A+

6. Dario
Which Dario are you going to get? The fragger/tactician who wants to win or the guy who is just going to troll for the first 15 minutes and then shut the server down? If Dario is on his game then he can very well steam-roll everyone. If he's in troll-mode then he could be a wasted pick.

Teammate Grade: A-F-

7. akma
I've seen akma troll so many games by trying to stat-pad and that is the only reason why he's #7. I could put him as high as #3 or #4 if he's playing to win the game. He's a solid fragger, but does seem to get a bit agitated if things aren't going his way.

Teammate Grade:A

8. Parrotman
The steady and true Parrotman. The emotionless Parrotman. What can be said about this guy? He does everything well consistently. If you have Parrotman on your team you're feeling pretty damn good about your chances of victory.

The Standard Second/High picks

9. Astrok
Old faithful. Astrok will always perform well in basically any map you throw him in. When Astrok is my team I know that he's not going to rage when things go wrong and I know that he's going to make the right decisions. You can't underestimate those two things.

10. Radar
Radar is passive. Everyone knows that. Passive isn't ALWAYS bad though, and Radar shows that when he plays. He's a good teammate who knows when to do what.

Teammate Grade: B+

11. Ela
One of the best GO players of all-time sometimes struggles on the more closed-in, high-recharge style maps, but he's still a solid pick.

12. Laernu
He's a good player, and will most of the time make the right decisions. Solid fragger.

13. cyro
Fiya is a pretty damn good player, and I think that he is often overlooked for some reason. He has come a long way in CTAs and has some tremendous fragging power when he's on top of his game. If it's in clutch-time then you're unsure how it's going to go. He's Tom Brady-esque. He's going to make the play or he's going to choke hard.

14. Lightning
Hate him or love him, Lightning has recently started to become a force onto the CTA scene. He loves to host hectic/stronghold/insight and for good reason.... He's extremely proficient on these maps and he won't hesitate to let you know. He does seem to do not as well on more open maps, but you can't really fault him for that. He's rising.

15. loki
A very solid flagger/fragger who seemingly gets better when he gets drunk. The opposite of InSoMnIaC.

Teammate Grade: B

16. Hunter
You'll rarely see him in a CTA these days, but he's a solid over-all player. More suited for GO/Enjoyment style maps

Teammate Grade:B

17. Clouds
Where did this guy come from? One day he was really bad as DryIce, and then a couple months later he comes out and starts to dominate. His improvement in such a short time was really overlooked. If he keeps playing then he will continue to climb up these rankings.

18. tits
Probably the best name on the game, tits is very experienced in all the different maps. He's a solid mid-pick. He won't lose you the game, and every now and then he will make the big play for your team.

19. fr33k
Will rage if you fuck up. Good player otherwise.

Teammate Grade: C

20. Filth
The mini-lugz. He will constantly try to coach other players into how he feels they should be playing. He's a solid fragger, and you can probably depend on him to win 1v1s with other mid-tier picks. Just watch for the rage.

21. Arrow
Where are you arrow? When you're active you're a damn good player.

THE ROLE PLAYERS

22. SecretAgentMan/SAM
SAM has been around the game for a very long time, and with that kind of experience you are usually able to adapt to certain situations on the map easier. SAM will always be around when you need him to. Very solid pick.

23. Night/kool
Okay, so here is someone that I really struggled with to place. Night is actually a really good CTA player, and he's good all-around. He's not going to make spectacular plays but he's going to be in the green in k/d and damage ratio and he's going to be around the objectives that you need to take. Night very well could have gone in the TOP PICKS category.

23. Zizel
Passive as hell, but he knows how to play the game. He'll rape with you more so than some other people. Just super passive, and sometimes not in the good Radar kind of way.

24. Benevolent
The lag is strong. Also a solid fragger.

25. Volt/EeKuM
Was recently active, and was a very solid pick surprisingly since he just came out of retirement. After he learned the maps he was also a very strong and aggressive pick for your team.

26. Hybridx
The master of rage. If you fuck up, rage. If teams suck, rage-quit. If he loses, gonna rage. Apart from that, he's a very good experienced player. I can understand why he gets frustrated when he gets put with a bad team because honestly he's a very, very solid pick. If he has the flag in a assassination type map, then watch out. You're probably going to lose that round.

27. dip
The lag is strong. A good teammate, and fragger. He knows what should be happening to get the flag/assassination. I don't hate having dip on my team.

28. Sparkinator/Lugz
This will be a controversial placement. Lugz could potentially be one of the more annoying teammates to have on your team. He is constantly trying to coach you up or spam "PUSH PUSH, WTF RUSH THE FLAG"..Even when you shouldn't be rushing. He can frag. He can flag. He's just a handful in team chat.

Teammate Grade: C-

Sparkinated.

29. Masta
Solid pick. Won't fuck up.

30. Gh0st
Could be higher since he's a solid fragger, but he's also a low-tolerance rager. Also choked in APL Finals.

31. Failure
Solid pick. Especially in hectic/smear-ultimate.

32. Genocide
Rarely plays CTA, but is a really good GO player.

33. MongoloidMike/Predator
Rarely plays CTA, but knows how to win. Sometimes you just got to know how to win.

THE REST

34. ranvis
Who the fuck is this guy? He's pretty decent I guess.

35. SeaN
Will probably move up the list when his internet isn't total-shit and if he stays unbanned.

36. RzB
Could potentially be higher. He's improving a decent pace. I look forward to seeing the day where he's a top pick. It's probably coming.

Teammate Grade: C+

37. Hawkeye
Lags so he's decent I suppose.

38. MUAHAHA
Trolls a lot of games. A decent fragger.

39. VGTGuy
Shows spurts of potential, and is a decent fragger.

40. ObamaCares
Improving a lot, actually. If I would have made this list two months ago then he would have been lower. If I make it again in two months he's bound to be higher.

Teammate Grade: C+

41. InSoMnIaC
Is he drunk or sober? Is he even alive anymore?

42. 20lbgenitals
Can be a good player, or can be completely oblivious to what's going on around him. A situational pick.

43. Helwor
Always improving. Can be not very aware at times. He's also french so that drops him a lot of spots.

NO DESCRIPTIONS. FILLERS.

44. otac0n
45. Assailant
46. HeavensGates
47. Longshot
48. Fudorm
49. envy
50. FaMe
51. atreyu
52. mazda
53. NormL
54. mater
55. stunna
56. paco
57. medbot

Also, I know there are probably a ton of typos in this. I got really bored towards the end.

tocs.