#Login Register
Status Update - COMMUNITY HELP NEEDED. Please Read.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

04-28-2014, 05:23 AM #31
Yosh Unregistered

(04-28-2014, 05:09 AM)meek Wrote:  I tried signing on to play for a few minutes last night.

And surprise surprise. This piece of shit game froze my chrome browser twice. That has NEVER happend to me before and to even entertain the thought of returning and playing this game when thats going on.. I just shake my head, web based is the dumbest **** ever.

And before this attempt at playing, I tried playing a few months ago and I couldnt play in a server for more than 10mins before the server closed. We we're trying to run good pubs and games just kept closing.

Are you THAT blind that you dont see what a fucking turnoff this game has become? You guys are just patting eachothers backs saying good job to a clear shit GAME compared to Spark.

Bring a client back and run both if you want ur unappealing web game to have any kind of stability.

I think the freezing has something to do with your end. That is not a complaint I have heard before but I think the developers should definitely check it out just in case. Did you get an error file in your spark cache folder?

As for the servers, yes they were bad before. There was a memory leak in which memory ran out quickly and it would close the servers. Note I said the servers. A stand alone client would not have helped in that situation at all. Since then we have changed servers and they have been pretty damn stable.

I liked the client a lot but I also like the web browser. They both offer pros and cons and both have barriers to entry with new players. With the three developers that are currently working on the game hopefully issues like you're having and some of the compatibility issues are fixed reducing a lot of the barriers of the web client.

I think having both the client and the web based browser would segregate the community unless it's possible for both lobbies to communicate seamlessly (it may be I have no idea). Either way I don't believe that is the direction the operations team wants to go.
This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 05:39 AM by Yosh.

04-28-2014, 05:32 AM #32
Chris AC Operations Team
Attitude is everything too. Meek, nobody is forcing you to play. If you don't like what we have, don't play. We are always eager to help understand and solve issues, but your attitude doesn't help.

Like Yoshi said, I have never heard of the game freezing a browser before, so I don't know what could be causing it. We are finishing up the re-launch of the Help Desk though and this would be a good ticket to enter. Most of the issues we encounter are failure to load (but even that is a small % of the total attempts to play).
This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 05:33 AM by Chris.

Chris/RareOps - AC Operations Team
Armor Critical Website
Facebook

04-28-2014, 06:01 AM #33
meek n00b
No one is forcing me to play. But when old friends beg me to play with them for a few minutes and I give in, I dont wanna have a headache everytime I logon to the game.

I dont know what to say. You guys seem to think this is a good viable option for the game to live on. I say you are delusional.

Web based game of ARC is a joke.

I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who has played this game over half of his LIFE.

You are killing the core of this game.
This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 06:04 AM by meek.

04-28-2014, 06:06 AM #34
Chris AC Operations Team
It is the most viable option. People don't download games like this anymore. They don't want to go through that process when there are thousands of simple games like this that you don't have to download. Your personal preference is based on having played this game as a client for years. I understand that. However, new players won't have that attachment to the client that you do. We are catering to the new potential players.

Armor Critical Website
Facebook

04-28-2014, 06:09 AM #35
meek n00b
So what is the damn problem with running both a client and a web based version like Line said.

Stop giving BULLSHIT answers and cater to the people who kept this game alive for the last decade.

04-28-2014, 07:20 AM #36
Faur Still n00b
(04-28-2014, 05:23 AM)Yosh Wrote:  
(04-28-2014, 05:09 AM)meek Wrote:  I tried signing on to play for a few minutes last night.

And surprise surprise. This piece of shit game froze my chrome browser twice. That has NEVER happend to me before and to even entertain the thought of returning and playing this game when thats going on.. I just shake my head, web based is the dumbest **** ever.

And before this attempt at playing, I tried playing a few months ago and I couldnt play in a server for more than 10mins before the server closed. We we're trying to run good pubs and games just kept closing.

Are you THAT blind that you dont see what a fucking turnoff this game has become? You guys are just patting eachothers backs saying good job to a clear shit GAME compared to Spark.

Bring a client back and run both if you want ur unappealing web game to have any kind of stability.

I think the freezing has something to do with your end. That is not a complaint I have heard before but I think the developers should definitely check it out just in case. Did you get an error file in your spark cache folder?

As for the servers, yes they were bad before. There was a memory leak in which memory ran out quickly and it would close the servers. Note I said the servers. A stand alone client would not have helped in that situation at all. Since then we have changed servers and they have been pretty damn stable.

I liked the client a lot but I also like the web browser. They both offer pros and cons and both have barriers to entry with new players. With the three developers that are currently working on the game hopefully issues like you're having and some of the compatibility issues are fixed reducing a lot of the barriers of the web client.

I think having both the client and the web based browser would segregate the community unless it's possible for both lobbies to communicate seamlessly (it may be I have no idea). Either way I don't believe that is the direction the operations team wants to go.

ahhh memory leak... but you all blamed me for shutting down the servers... anyways i agree with meek, it was alot better with the game client, id like to see the people behind the idea of putting spark on a browser admit what a stupid idea it was. its been i don't know how long maybe 2 years spark has been on a browser, and we are still having problems with people registering and trying to play. but gj at gettin those 2 devs to work on the game.

04-28-2014, 07:43 AM #37
Chris AC Operations Team
Meek and faur, please educate yourselves on the current state of online gaming and then come back. We are all tired of explaining it.
This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 07:47 AM by Chris.

Armor Critical Website
Facebook

04-28-2014, 07:49 AM #38
meek n00b
faur, shut the fuck up. aint nobody giving 2 shits about what you have to say
This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 07:49 AM by meek.

04-28-2014, 07:52 AM #39
Chris AC Operations Team
Locked.

Armor Critical Website
Facebook

Thread Closed