#Login Register
Current Top Player List
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average

05-12-2014, 09:00 AM #91
tempest n00b
Dario Wrote:
tengo Wrote:There's always improvements to be made but I think my close range is above-average and tends to be avoided by top-tier players. Close-range fighting is generally a desperation tactic that is avoided in the larger maps, and is unavoidable in CTAs. I still end up being one of the top performers.

1. Never underestimate the power of one-dimensional players,
2. They may knock you out of playoff contention.
(Dario = Masamune)

Yes, 3 of the 4 AoA starters (not named SeVeN) were better than everyone in MM not named ElAsesino at that time. I have never once claimed to have been playing well during that league.

The season that MM had a top 8 to pretty much filter through the entire season plagued with inactivity/rotations?

You knocked us out of playoff contention because we GAVE you that opportunity. Had we not forfeited to iL, you wouldn't even had the opportunity at the game where, like Dario said, he joined mid-season. We were juggling ElA, Scar, Denied, axion, Bac0n, Croa, perspolis, dario, ross, and myself throughout the entire season.

Had we been blessed with a stable line throughout, I'm positive MM would have came out on top 3-0. 3 of the 4 AoA starters definitely were not better than everyone in MM except ElA individually. DURING this league-time, I would absolutely guarantee my life on a lineup of Ela, Scarface, Denied, and axion vs. Tengo, Drue, launchpad, and Seven. MM just did not have the chemistry with an inexperienced line-up.

In the end, it is a TEAM game, and at the end of the regular season, MM had 11 CA; AoA allowed 19. Had we not forfeited and been deducted -1 point, MM would have finished with 16 points, AoA with 15 points. SO if you want to toot your horn about a rule technicality (which personally, I find stupid b/c a loss is a loss whether it is forfeit or not) then please continue referencing that story...

And just my 2 cents b/c I read a lot of the thread and a lot of people seem to be arguing for or against Drue. In my experience, Drue is a great player 1on1, okay strategically, but his greatest hindrance IME has been his focus. I've seen it in CTAs where he has lost his focus, and I've seen it in leagues past. It may be different now, but that's my insight on my own personal reasons why Drue wouldn't be seen as an impact player.

05-12-2014, 11:55 AM #92
tengo Veteran
Oh my gawd more excuses about that season. Do you realize I had been away from this game for years, came back, joined AoA and beat MM twice all within a month? Godly, I know. AoA gave you the opportunity to get into playoffs by offering you the tiebreaker game. Also, we never once played that line together outside the league so the excuse that the chemistry wasn't there applies to AoA as well.

Folks need to come to terms when they're getting outplayed.

05-12-2014, 12:11 PM #93
tempest n00b
Delight me how on AoA went 0-3 in FAs in a 3-game series against CaDF and MM was 1-8 in FAs against CaDF in a 2-game series?

05-12-2014, 12:18 PM #94
tengo Veteran
We were missing a starter and also, we still lacked chemistry from lack of practice.
This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 12:18 PM by tengo.

05-12-2014, 12:20 PM #95
tempest n00b
No one is making excuses. I knew you were gone at the time as well (talked about potentially recruiting you into MM). Only reason I mentioned dario's absence is b/c like you, it was truth, and he never played with MM. AoA, on the other hand, I know for fact that Seven, drue, and launchpad played many many matches beforehand together compared to MM's scrambled lineup.

It's MM's fault for basically handing AoA that playoff seed. Let me reiterate the statement: had we not been penalized -1 point, there would be ZERO tiebreaker game. Wouldn't matter if we lost the game we forfeited, we would have finished ahead of AoA. You wouldn't have even played said tiebreaker game.

You guys won the tiebreaker fair and square, but trust me, had MM been able to deliver what we were capable of, the ending would be different. Congratulations on your sub-par win if that's what you like to relish in.

05-12-2014, 12:30 PM #96
tengo Veteran
I'm not interested in the tiebreaker game, I was pointing out that MM lost both their games I played. Dario along with everyone on MM's roster are experienced pilots and were heavily favored to sweep us. My point is that it didn't happen... even if we didn't make the playoffs it takes nothing away that both games were wins for AoA. 2/3 of the players you mentioned were involved in a loss against MM just a few weeks before and I'm not sure if Launchpad would have been able to turn that into a win.

To summarize, gaining playoff contention was just icing on the cake. AoA won both of their games I started in against MM. There's nothing to relish in, just accept the loss and move on.

Just wanted to add, I really don't understand these excuses of "not being prepared". Since it's clear that I was much more unprepared than anybody that season, take a look at the line MM played against us for their first defeat: Scarface who played the most games that season, Croa, Perspolis and Dario who equally played five games by the time of the tiebreaker match. That's two more games than I participated in by the time of the tiebreaker game.

Now look at who showed up to the tiebreaker match: Scarface (most games played for MM with 13), Ela (2nd most games for MM with 9), Bac0n (3rd most games for MM with 7) and Dario with 5 games in. This entire line played more games than I did, and 3/4 of the line played more than SeVen.

What this means is MM showed their most active players to the tiebreaker game and still ended up losing. There's absolutely no room for excuses concerning "lack of practice". Nobody was practicing.
This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 12:41 PM by tengo.

05-12-2014, 01:07 PM #97
Unreal n00b
hey shouldn't all this useless bullshit have been moved to a different thread by now ?
^_^

05-12-2014, 01:54 PM #98
tempest n00b
ExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamation
(05-12-2014, 12:18 PM)tengo Wrote:  We were missing [TWO] starter[s] and also, we still lacked chemistry from lack of practice.

05-12-2014, 03:59 PM #99
tengo Veteran
Uh, that was my response to why we got 3-0d by the champs. You guys lost to us while playing your most active players.

05-13-2014, 04:14 AM #100
tempest n00b
(05-12-2014, 12:11 PM)tempest Wrote:  Delight me how on AoA went 0-3 in FAs in a 3-game series against CaDF and MM was 1-8 in FAs against CaDF in a 2-game series?
6 flag attempts against CaDF's top line with 1 conversion with a missing link (that means for half of the game, we fielded 2 of our starters by the time we reached AoA)

You keep making excuses about your loss to CaDF when you guys really got ROLLED against a line fielding YOUR MOST ACTIVE players. So, please, delight me how your "most active players lost to CaDF" is different from MM's most active players losing to AoA? You lacked your top 4, we lacked our top 4. Comprendre? HuhHuhHuhHuh
This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 04:15 AM by tempest.