#Login Register
Discussions about Armor Critical
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

04-28-2014, 10:37 AM #1
LineOf7s n00b
This thread is being posted in the Armor Critical Discussion forum. Apparently this forum is about the discussion of Armor Critical.

With this in mind, hopefully this request has some hope: would it be possible please to have a thread where we discuss various aspects of Armor Critical without that thread being obliterated off the face of the Earth (oops, sorry... here have some new forums instead) or being locked? If someone makes an inappropriate post, how about you deal with that post instead?

Thanks.

04-28-2014, 10:48 AM #2
Yosh Unregistered

Could you possibly be more passive aggressive? It's in every single one of your posts. Do you want to have an actual discussion or mention past failures and flaws sporadically in every post you make?
This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 10:50 AM by Yosh.

04-28-2014, 11:11 AM #3
LineOf7s n00b
Interesting response.

I'd like to have a robust conversation about the future of a game I've given a lot to over the years, with a view to trying to avoid many of the mistakes of the past and to mitigate the chances of making shiny new ones in the future. Part of this discussion involves, yes, acknowledging those past mistakes, and if it at all seems like I'm harping on about the same old things (which I would dispute, but let's run with it for now) then it's only because perhaps I feel like nobody/few in a decision-making position a) understand those mistakes enough to avoid making them again b) cares or c) both.

So yes, thankyou for asking, I'd love to have "an actual discussion", so if people could stop killing off the threads in which those discussions have been taking place then that would be just grand.

Thankyou for your interest. And yes, I'm sure I could.
This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 11:16 AM by LineOf7s.

04-28-2014, 11:18 AM #4
Yosh Unregistered

Great. I respect the hell out of you because you have been part of this community forever and have contributed more than I ever have. I'm sorry for my initial response but you have been passive aggressive dating back to the old forums. I don't think anyone in a decision making position would say that they have put in the maximum effort the entire time or always made the best decisions.

I know you and the majority of the community have not agreed with a lot of the decisions the operations team have made. We can't change what has happened in the past but we can hopefully discuss the future without making snide remarks every post. I feel as though a topic discussing issues and decision making is good as long as it's not just a outlet to bash the decision makers.
This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 11:22 AM by Yosh.

04-28-2014, 11:26 AM #5
LineOf7s n00b
I learned long ago that what one does not say is at least as important as what one does. If in doubt - or if you're seriously annoyed - just back away from the computer and get some perspective. With that in mind, I hope you'll pardon my delay in responding to your initial aggression.

If I wanted to 'bash' the decision makers, I would. Choosing not to be a sycophantic toady is not 'bashing' the decision makers. That being said, if they're not up for a bit of 'bashing' then they're on the wrong internet.

04-28-2014, 11:30 AM #6
Yosh Unregistered

All I was saying is there are more constructive ways of communicating your concerns. If you feel like you simply must attack past actions in every single one of your posts then I am not going to stop you.

04-28-2014, 11:36 AM #7
Chris AC Operations Team
Line, you and a few others are beating the same dead horse.

So, lets PLEASE FINALLY put this to rest, for the 1200th time: yes, we sucked. We made mistakes. We're trying to fix them. I don't know why everyone keeps asking for us to acknowledge our mistakes when we've done just that so many times already.

Now is where suggestions and ideas are welcome. Beating the dead horse is not. It's really frustrating to try and communicate with everyone while a select few can't seem to stop badgering us during what is the most motivated team effort to improve things in a very long time. I personally am working 60+ hours per week for my job, then coming home at night in my little spare time to see what I can do around here. Others involved in the effort are doing the same. People need to keep that in mind as they criticize certain things.

Chris/RareOps - AC Operations Team
Armor Critical Website
Facebook

04-28-2014, 11:38 AM #8
Assailant AC Operations Team
Line. We get your frustration. 110%. I know you for well over a decade. We never became too close but I am sure you could remember me because I used to be a constant in the lobby of WON sierra etc.

The amount of time you put into this game is appreciated and respected. Many others have also put in countless hours into this game.

The fact of the matter is that this game has survived off the same player base that it had when sierra let it go. Think about that. This game was made from scratch.....all those years of development from WON and sierra we had no access to. This game had to be made completely over again from scratch. A lot of people dont fully understand what that means. A lot of people dont fully understand what it takes to make a real time multiplayer game from scratch and then try to develop it from within with players who happen to have some programming experience.

The very fact that this game exists is a testament to the resiliency of the community as a whole. We are here with no backing from a large gaming network or major endorsers.

If you want to direct your frustrations then do it to the people who no longer wanted to support this game.

Yes I know I know all about the shortcomings and the mishaps we have had as a staff with the forums the website etc etc. Those are legitimate concerns but none of those in itself or collectively are the reason for where we stand as a community today.

People have jobs, bigger priorities in life. All of us on staff has more important obligations in life than this game. Yet we all find a way to contribute and try to get this game some life.

We have a plan in place. We have a marketing campaign agreed on and are currently optimizing as well move forward. We are patching up bugs that are critical for new users to access this game. We have a capable developer who is working on things as we speak.

We have things in motion. Will it work out? We dont know. We are certainly trying. We are investing our hard earned dollars and the hard earned dollars that the community has donated as well.

If you want to vent...no problem, come to me or someone on staff and vent all you want. Continuing to point out every shortcoming and every little issue you're upset about does nothing good for this community.

I love you line and I know what you did for this game and nobody respects you more than I do . But we can really use you as cheerleader now instead of a critic.

04-28-2014, 11:41 AM #9
LineOf7s n00b
(04-28-2014, 11:30 AM)Yosh Wrote:  All I was saying is there are more constructive ways of communicating your concerns. If you feel like you simply must attack past actions in every single one of your posts then I am not going to stop you.

You're too kind.

And for the record, the "past actions" this thread prompted happened not three hours ago when a lively and vibrant discussion I was involved in was locked because of a single errant post. So what's the statute-of-limitations on being miffed by "past actions" in your mind... 20 minutes? An hour?

04-28-2014, 11:46 AM #10
Chris AC Operations Team
That lively and vibrant discussion turned into nonsense, so it was locked. If a locked thread gets you bothered, then you're on the wrong internet, as you say.
This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 11:46 AM by Chris.

Chris/RareOps - AC Operations Team
Armor Critical Website
Facebook