#Login Register
Add AC to your Steam Library
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

04-30-2014, 12:54 PM #1
oTaCon AC Administrator
I'm using Windows 7.
Follow Odo's instructions here:
(04-29-2014, 04:58 AM)Odoacer Wrote:  1. In Chrome, sign in to the chat room.
2. Click on Chrome's hamburger menu (top right), select "Tools", click "Create application shortcuts"
3. Click "Create"

Now you have a desktop icon that opens the chat like a desktop app, and it won't be grouped with the browser in the taskbar.

In Steam, go to the Games menu (top of the client) and select "Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library" -> Browse -> Navigate to your desktop and select the Armor Critical Shortcut.

In your library, under the "games" category you should now have a game simply named "Google Chrome". Right click this entry and select properties.

If you'd like to change the icon, you can download this image: [Image: F7AGoOU.png]
and select it via the "Choose Icon..." option. Make sure to change the file type to 'All Files' or 'Image Files'
[Image: rAjFv9S.png]

Change the first box to "Armor Critical"

My Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --app=http://armorcritical.com/chat/
Important: Change Start in to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome"

[Image: Qrw1YTF.png]

Click "close".

Armor Critical should now be in your games library, select it and click play to launch AC:
[Image: mNo8O09.png]

Steam overlay working in webstart:
[Image: G33WJlb.png]

As of right now (for me), Steam status is reverting back to "online" instead of "In Non-Steam Game...", I'm trying to figure that one out. Edit: working now, but I didn't change anything to fix it.
This post was last modified: 06-27-2014, 06:14 PM by oTaCon.

[Image: AiDd4fG.png]

04-30-2014, 01:32 PM #2
niveus AC Developer
Great stuff Odo and Ota :>

06-27-2014, 06:15 PM #3
oTaCon AC Administrator
Updated op to include that the Steam overlay works while in game.

[Image: AiDd4fG.png]