#Login Register
League Winners
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

05-15-2014, 03:16 PM #11
Fordus Still n00b
one of my fondest memories is the MLA finals where CaDF played oD. This was at a time when me and K0rrupt were both in CaDF, playing alongside parrotman as well as cutler and maybe even toshi on their last arc legs, with the occasional subbing in of Jman. oD at the time had an incredibly active and underrated lineup...Chron was a top 5 fragger, Silvercrow had become one of the game's absolute best defensive and strategical players...I forget the 3rd, but if I remember correctly it was a worthy opponent, because I remember their 4th being Eulogy - who was not BAD per se but I remember thinking he was their weak link, if you could call him that. Anyway, in game1, I think we had a ping out or miscommunication or something and ended up playing a lead and perhaps losing in OT...then in game 2, our confidence was pretty low and we lost again. For whatever reason the MLA finals were a best of 5, and we had to fight back to come back and win the series 3-2, which we did by the skin of our teeth - we had to fight tooth and nail to beat a lineup that on paper shouldn't have given us so much trouble. And even though we did win games 3 and 4...in game 5, I'm pretty sure Silvercrow either couldn't make it or had to leave early or something like that, and oD always held it over our heads that we wouldn't have been able to close it out had he shown up. We'll never know...but regardless, it was a really satisfying come-from-behind series victory. Also because after growing up on the game hearing the story of how PB (I don't know if it was really true or not) was the only team to come back from being down 0-2 in a series, and then having actualized that ourselves was really meaningful. Anyway. Little anecdote on the subject of league winner history.

10-02-2014, 03:40 AM #12
oTaCon AC Administrator

10-04-2014, 07:52 AM #13
tigur AC Guide
(10-02-2014, 03:40 AM)oTaCon Wrote:  BPT 2014 - TS
http://bpt.critical-hq.net

Not gonna risk it. Saved by Archive.org.

https://web.archive.org/web/201410032149...cal-hq.net