#Login Register
Bone's java AC problem
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

05-10-2014, 03:05 PM #1
Bone Still n00b
I kind of have a problem that maybe slightly relates to this but IDK. A couple days ago I played and had no issues. Today I was unable to enter a game. I click join and a tab opens up per usual but it just stays "loading" and I never get in the server. No errors pop up or anything of that sort.

- I have Windows 8
- I use Chrome
- My java is up to date (has been for quite awhile)
- I have embed mode checked (have from the beginning with no issues)
- I use windowed mode and hit f7 after to go into full screen
- I have Enable Vsync checked (not sure if this is even relevant)
- Nothing in the last couple days has changed on my PC

So I messed around with some stuff per Predator's advice (shout out to my boy). He (not even a guide/staff member) unselfishly attempted to help me after I had asked Fiya (a guide) who laughed at me and said "get a real computer" and went to play CTA. A CTA I was attempting to go into myself, but was unable to. Helpful staff member. I can see why stunna quit vision. Anyways, so I uninstalled and reinstalled java. I deleted the java cache files etc. as mentioned in this thread. I cleared out Chromes history/java permissions/whatever else (I previously had it so those annoying popups that you have to click Run just automatically do so instead of clicking it every time).

Now this is the point I'm at now. With embed mode checked still, there's no change. A new tab opens on Chrome and it says loading, but nothing happens. Those "Run" popups still don't even come up. Not sure why. If I UNCHECK embed mode (never had to before), I can now get into the game BUT Chrome has to download this file that saves into my "Downloads" folder on my PC. I have to physically open this file to allow armor critical to load for me. Then I guess I have to go and physically delete this unnecessary file from my folder each time? So, if there's any suggestions here to make this process a little bit easier and/or get me back to how it was working fine a couple days ago, I'm all ears.

FYI - not totally related but in some manner. These are the kind of issues that make it hard for new people to come play if we ever in fact get new people. Nothing changes and the process to even load a game of armor critical is like a rubik's cube fucked a game of chess and this is their offspring.

FYI 2 - I'm posting this here, and making a topic of my own with this post as well just in case so it doesn't get overlooked.

BIG FUCKING FYI 3 - JUST KIDDING. IM NOT MAKING MY OWN THREAD REGARDING THIS BECAUSE I CANT CREATE A NEW THREAD IN THE HELP SECTION APPARENTLY. THATS BROKE TOO.
This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 03:14 PM by Bone.

05-10-2014, 05:27 PM #2
Bone Still n00b
Alright. IDK what was wrong, but I got it fixed. CCleaner bitches. Uninstalled java and chrome both. Scanned for registry problems and fixed the list of shit that came up (some of which looked like java). Restarted and then installed chrome and java again. Works now. Not sure if uninstalling them was even necessary.

Shout out again to Predator for his valiant effort. Also to Night, who attempted to take a look at the problem at these very early hours and assured me he would look into it further after i had sent him my error log, but first needed to get some sleep. Fiya on the other hand likely lost his CTA while I was left helpless. Thank goodness I wasn't new here. Although, I'm sure if I had been, he would have bent over backwards to help.
This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 05:33 PM by Bone.

05-11-2014, 03:12 AM #3
Yosh Unregistered

Typical fiya. The help forum isn't broken so I don't know why you couldn't post a new topic. Any specific messages like "you don't have the correct permissions"? Glad you got it up and running though.

P.S. I liked the Rubik's cube and chess love child analogy
This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 03:13 AM by Yosh.

05-11-2014, 03:22 AM #4
cyro Forum Administrator
huh?

tocs.

05-11-2014, 03:23 AM #5
Bone Still n00b
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
(1) Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
(2) You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
(3) Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
(4) You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'Bone'

So, #1 and #2 are out of my control. Don't know if it's one of those. #3 I clicked the Resent Activation Code" link and it said my account is already activated. #4 I clicked new thread in this forums section. Seems the usual way one would create a new thread.

05-11-2014, 03:26 AM #6
Yosh Unregistered

(05-11-2014, 03:23 AM)Bone Wrote:  You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
(1) Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
(2) You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
(3) Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
(4) You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'Bone'

So, #1 and #2 are out of my control. Don't know if it's one of those. #3 I clicked the Resent Activation Code" link and it said my account is already activated. #4 I clicked new thread in this forums section. Seems the usual way one would create a new thread.

Thanks. I'll be sure to check the permission page to see what is going on.

Edit: There was a permission problem. Registered users should be able to post topics in the help forum now.
This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 03:29 AM by Yosh.

05-11-2014, 03:37 AM #7
Bone Still n00b
Yes, it works now. Job well done yoshi. Predator, Night, and Yoshi - thank you much for your help.

05-11-2014, 04:36 AM #8
cyro Forum Administrator
Quote: Fiya on the other hand likely lost his CTA while I was left helpless.
I assume you are joking right? How is it my obligation to fix your problem once everything I knew to try didn't work? I told you what I knew to try based on my java experience (little to none). Not really fair to try and single me out for something like that. You also never PMed me once on the issue or posted in the help lobby from what I saw when I was online. I am not Ms Cleo I cannot read minds Smile
This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 04:50 AM by cyro.

tocs.