#Login Register
My Issues with CTA
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10-03-2014, 09:00 AM #1
Bone Still n00b
Alright, nobody probably cares or agrees. At least not the people that matter. Regardless, I can't help but get annoyed with certain shit every time I play in a CTA.

Quick Version:

1) CTA shouldn't be the only games on arc.

2) Map selection in so many ways.

3) Pausing is dumb as fuck unless someone lags out.

4) Why are people who troll games majority of the time still allowed to play and ruin games?

5) ReV... nothing else to say.

In-Depth Version:

It is so stupid that CTA has monopolized ARC. The minority have no other means to play, except in a CTA. I sometimes enjoy CTA, a lot of the time I don't though. Doesn't even matter because I have no choice regardless. I have to play in it. The simple reply back of "Well create your own game then or play in a pub" means jack shit if only a select few decide to go that route. CTA by itself isn't helping ARC or saving it, despite the hardcore CTA fans opinions. There needs to be alternatives available. One solution I've always suggested is limiting CTA. The thought that CTA is limitless and game after game can and will be hosted is what keeps pubs and other games empty. If say CTA was actually scheduled and limited, it could still exist and also encourage other types of games. Specifics could be discussed, but just an example would be like no more than 5 CTA games allowed per day, scheduled every hour every evening starting at 7pm or something. VARIETY FOLKS IS KEY.

Speaking of variety, this goes for map selection as well. It gets old hearing go is overplayed and everyone hates it, yet we have to play hectic, stronghold, and bait over and over. Yes there are more maps than that, but the same handful are always in rotation. Perhaps we need more maps made, or like my first suggestion about limiting CTA in general, maps should also be limited. Especially if people are going to be taking these ratings so serious now. Ratings based off a few select maps isn't accurate if someone is good in hectic but dogshit in say kennedy due to hectic being played way more often. This isn't a "pro-go" speech either. I personally enjoy go still sometimes, but I don't give a fuck if it is or isn't played in CTA.

Something needs to be done also to anyone that disrupts CTA games intentionally or unintentionally. This whole concept that I have to sit by while the game is paused because someone started spamming PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE and it's because they have to take the dog out to shit is absurd. Simply put, when you join a CTA game, you know the game is going to be roughly 20 minutes or so. If you are playing, then you need to commit yourself to 20 minutes. If you can't, then fuck off and don't play. We would have laughed years ago if someone said in a league game PAUSE PAUSE and someone actually did all because someone was at the door. How retarded. Yet it happens every game, sometimes even multiples times. The only reason I can see a legit reason to pause a game is if someone is lagging out and you need to sub someone out or wait briefly to see if that person is coming back. THAT'S IT.

Which brings me to my next point of dumb fucks disrupting games. It's clear as day that there are repeat offenders when it comes to intentionally trolling games. They don't necessarily do it 100% of the time, but there are fairly common occurrences for certain individuals. Regardless if they take offense or not, Fudorm/20lbGenitals/Bibby are just a few that come to mind right away. There's more though. Why time after time are they still allowed to play in CTA games and ruin it for everyone else? They very well may play normal a game or two here and there, but that's not the point. They should lose the privilege to play as a consequence for the games they are purposely trolling. You can discuss further what specific disciplinary actions you would take, but nothing so far has either happened to them yet or has got the point across to them.

Then there's.. ReV. This kind of goes hand in hand with the last topic. Although, in all honestly, I don't think it's quite the same due to the fact that I don't necessarily think ReV attempts to ruin games. He does though in the same manner. It's getting bad. You legitimately have a large (relative to the size of this community) portion of people saying they can't even stand playing CTA right now due to playing with ReV. It's not even an issue in terms of him being a bad player. There are lots of bad players. Again, some people will probably take offense, but I have zero issues with playing with players like SpringGuy, NormL, NobodySpecial, etc. It can be frustrating still sure, but there will always be various degrees of skill level. There is a reason though a lot of people don't want to play CTA due to ReV specifically. He does the same thing players do when they purposely troll and ruin games, except he doesn't realize it. Which to me might even be worse. He actually believes he is not doing anything wrong. There's no correcting that. I don't know how serious others are, but i decided yesterday I wasn't playing any CTAs as long as he's playing. It's not remotely enjoyable. Seeing as he plays in virtually every CTA, my boycotting may last awhile. So be it.

There is likely more that I may add as I think of them, but those are my main issues.

10-03-2014, 12:51 PM #2
RoboTech Veteran
CTA offers a ClanWars section. Which would affect your ratings. So how come you clans aren't getting off of your asses and clan warring? Half of the games that use to exist weren't just the pubs that you aren't starting anymore, but also the clan wars you stopped having....
You're all gay ass social clubs now tbh.

Coldfire- / Fire u^B / RiddeN
Director of Competitive Gaming
RIP {ReignSupreme}

10-03-2014, 12:52 PM #3
eekum Veteran
There's roughly 3 active clans, Ridden.

That could be the problem.

10-03-2014, 12:55 PM #4
Cartman n00b
1. CTAs shouldnt be the only games running. I 100% agree with that, but CTA adds an extra layer of competitiveness and thats what most people want. If there were a way to incooperate a stats system in more than just CTA it might prevail.

2. Nothing wrong with map selection, if people dont wanna play dont join it. I like variety of the maps we have to choose. Should never limit what maps there are when we have so many.

3. Pausing. I hate having pause myself, just puts a team at a disadvantage if someone lags out/afks.

4. I agree 100% with you on the trolling part.

5. ReV... Trys to hard, very useless on any team, and pisses off just about eveyone he speaks to unintentionally... I dont like playing a game in it if hes in it I usually get on his team just about everry time... But nonetheles I do, i take the hearty loss and walk away like a champ. We shouldnt stop playing because of someones skill level thats in the game, I know how ad it sucks, but he can only get better... My big thing is: Need to put the low tier players at 500 or so on ratings, and let them climb up from there. IMO

10-03-2014, 12:58 PM #5
niveus AC Developer
"We shouldn't stop playing because of someones skill level thats in game"

That is dogshit imo. What is the point if the game is no fun?

10-03-2014, 01:08 PM #6
Cartman n00b
Everyone gets the short end of the stick every now and then is all I'm saying. If everyone quit playing because of someone in the game it would be disasterous. If these never-got-better low tier'd players everyones worried about being on their team, make their rating so low it makes them last pick persay.

10-03-2014, 01:10 PM #7
niveus AC Developer
Who said anything about rating? As Bone mentioned we have never had this issue with some of the other players in our community that have a low skill level. This is just a different level. It is pointless and not fun to be shit on for 20 minutes because of one person. Would rather do something else.

10-03-2014, 01:14 PM #8
Bile n00b
I honestly could care less who is on my team I have fun regardless win or lose, I try even harder when I'm losing because I wanna get better regardless of my teammates. Every once in awhile it gets ridiculous to where your getting spawn camped and can't do shit but that's rare imo. With that being said I would love to see more Clanwars even if there is just 3 clans we all seem to be pretty active and deep with players.
This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 01:15 PM by Bile.

/join Reign

10-03-2014, 01:44 PM #9
Lightning n00b
Were you not the person who started BPT?? and then tried to run it to the ground??????

Emo

IronLung

10-03-2014, 01:47 PM #10
Bone Still n00b
Is that your argument against what I said Lunu? Not sure how anyone takes you seriously.

But what do I know... I only play 5 CTA games a month and my opinion doesn't matter. (Made up numbers are awesome)

Which by the way is not only untrue, but irrelevant. I played 44 games in September. 20 something in August, but I stopped counting. Point proven there. My x amount of games doesn't prevent me from seeing and stating the obvious though.

I also ran SPL, which most people considered a very successful league. Especially since I never ran a league before and the expectations weren't probably too high I'd imagine. It was APL/SPL though, the highest caliber league we've had on this game.

Feel free to continue to show how shit for brains you are on just about every subject. Here's one bit of advice though, at least try and argue against what I said, or shut the fuck up.
This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 01:55 PM by Bone.