#Login Register
Some Thoughts After Being Away For A Couple Weeks
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

11-04-2014, 07:45 PM #1
tengo Veteran
First thought: Why is Springguy competing with ReV for the most useless pilot in AC?

Backstory: 4v4 Insight, my team getting demolished. Why? Springguy wants to grab the flag in the middle and eat every single laser that is thrown at him, while causing a 2v1 on one of the sides. To Springguy, basic strategy in Insight consists of allowing your team to get raped because the only thing that matters is getting the flag closer to the flagholder. After the first loss, I tell him not to do it. This simple request doesn't go through - he goes for the flag again and fucks all of us. Second time, another request, ignored once again. Third request, his response is "stfu" and "fuck you", while he goes for the flag again. Why? Why would a CTA-Ref and AC-Developer with administrative privileges continue to ignore advice from a top player in the game, while the rest of the team also tells him the same thing? Why can't this moron learn? It can only be that he enjoys griefing and ruining games more than making them competitive.

Bonus post-game log:

[2:37:05 AM] niveus : i agree with tengo to be quite honest... if your whole team is asking for you to not do something and you respond with "stfu" or "fuck yous" and then continue to do that action
[2:37:07 AM] niveus : thats pretty lame
[2:37:15 AM] niveus : whether it is classified as griefing or not
[2:37:19 AM] springguy : dip, it was just you and tengo
[2:37:26 AM] niveus : venture was asking you too
[2:37:32 AM] tengo : our entire team was telling you
[2:37:34 AM] tengo : not to grab
[2:37:50 AM] tengo : the green team isn't going to agree because they benefit off your mistakes
[2:37:52 AM] niveus : the reason we were asking is because while you did that, we were getting 4on3ed
[2:37:57 AM] springguy : grabbing flag is common strategy in there
[2:37:59 AM] niveus : but no biggy, cheers for the teamwork mate
[2:38:03 AM] V3nture : honestly when you grabbed we got destroyed so that strategy was not working
[2:38:12 AM] springguy : and saying you got 4 on 3'd is not honest
[2:38:16 AM] tengo : springguy that's what you don't understand
[2:38:19 AM] springguy : as people were shooting at me with flag
[2:38:24 AM] tengo : grabbing the flag is the opposite of strategy
[2:38:28 AM] tengo : you dont grab the flag
[2:38:42 AM] Castiel : lol rev all over again

Why does Springguy argue with his entire team on what's strategy in Insight? When everyone around you says you smell like shit, you should probably take a shower, right? According to Springguy, it's basic strategy to be a walking piece of shit. It attracts flies, who cares about making the people next to you suffer!

It gets better:

[2:38:45 AM] tengo : why are you even trying to argue?
[2:38:49 AM] springguy : thanks lugz
[2:38:51 AM] tengo : you know im 10x better than you?
[2:38:59 AM] tengo : you know our entire team is telling you not to grab?
[2:39:04 AM] springguy : your a moron tengo
[2:39:07 AM] tengo : why would you argue with someone who knows how to play the game?
[2:39:10 AM] tengo : how stupid can you be?
[2:39:16 AM] PitchblackItalia : Tengo seriously
[2:39:19 AM] tengo : are you going to argue with your doctor?
[2:39:23 AM] tengo : im your fucking doctor
[2:39:23 AM] springguy : tengo, ive been playing longer than you
[2:39:24 AM] niveus : lol
[2:39:26 AM] tengo : don't argue with me
[2:39:33 AM] tengo : you have a brain disease that makes you stupid
[2:39:36 AM] Cartman : ok springguy/tengo
[2:39:41 AM] Cartman : lets talk about this in the ctastaff lobby plz
[2:39:43 AM] tengo : accept it and work on your mistakes
[2:39:49 AM] Castiel : shut up cartman
[2:39:52 AM] Cartman : ur both refs, talk about ur qurrels there
[2:39:52 AM] springguy : tengo your a hothead and a moron
[2:40:03 AM] springguy : you think your superior

[2:40:08 AM] PitchblackItalia : hahaha wow Tengo, you're so brilliant can you teach me life
[2:40:09 AM] Cartman : i like u both but when yall act like this it reflects on us all ;/
[2:40:09 AM] springguy : your not

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT! Springguy's argument is that he's been playing longer, yet he's one of the most useless players in the game. He doesn't want to admit he's wrong, even though everybody is telling him. He thinks he's correct because he's been playing longer. Not only is this moronic and an invalid argument, he also goes on to prove he's incapable of writing in English.

--

Second thought: Why is PitchBlackItalia given special treatment because he chooses to swallow cock?

I'd like to return to the end of the last log, in which PB chose to open his mouth and get personal when nobody was talking to him:

[2:40:08 AM] PitchblackItalia : hahaha wow Tengo, you're so brilliant can you teach me life

Now it's well known that PitchblackItalia is a cock-sucking moron who likes making birthday videos for 12-year olds on Minecraft. This is completely true and that's fine. But if PitchblackItalia wants to take an AC-related argument and make it personal, then that's his decision and he should have to deal with the repercussions.

[2:42:26 AM] tengo : btw pbi
[2:42:29 AM] Cartman : when i play call of duty, if i hate my team i cant spectate/pause the game and argue about it
[2:42:30 AM] V3nture : well you obviously not drunk enough
[2:42:31 AM] tengo : did you call me a little kid earlier
[2:42:34 AM] Cartman : you suck it up and take the loss like aman
[2:42:37 AM] V3nture : lol
[2:42:38 AM] PitchblackItalia : I had a rough day at Minecraft so I drank tonight
[2:42:46 AM] Cartman : lol
[2:42:50 AM] Castiel : ol u guys
[2:42:50 AM] DarkEvil : lol
[2:42:53 AM] PitchblackItalia : Yes Tengo I called you a little kid, turning 12 right?
[2:42:53 AM] Castiel : love u
[2:42:58 AM] tengo : then why dont you make a birthday video for me in minecraft you dumb cock sucking moron

Now by saying this, did I make any of it up? No. PitchBlackItalia loves sucking cock, is a moron, and he makes birthday videos on Minecraft. According to him, I'm 12, therefore I want a fucking video. PitchBlackItalia continues with personal attacks, saying im not intelligent, should go back to school, unable to earn respect, etc.

[2:44:03 AM] tengo : if im 12 i want you to stfu and make a minecraft birthday video
[2:44:20 AM] [Armor Critical] CTA Hacker!!! pw 123 (Cartman)
[2:44:20 AM] tengo : i'll subscribe along with your dozens of other 12 yr old subscribers
[2:44:31 AM] PitchblackItalia : When you say something remotely intelligent then we can chat
[2:44:39 AM] PitchblackItalia : till then go back to school
[2:44:40 AM] tengo : then one day you can make inspirational videos of how to be a huge fucking loser at the age of 30 something making birthday videos for 12 yr olds
[2:44:51 AM] PitchblackItalia : LMAO
[2:45:07 AM] PitchblackItalia : Tengo you're right, I'm a loser haha
[2:45:10 AM] CTAVenture has left the room.
[2:45:24 AM] PitchblackItalia : That's why I have more respect than you among any age group
[2:45:33 AM] tengo : lol @ you having respect
[2:45:41 AM] tengo : having respect from 12 yrs old
[2:45:49 AM] PitchblackItalia : I said any age group
[2:45:52 AM] tengo : thats exactly what i want when I turn 32

PitchBlackItalia continues to promote this idea that he is superior because he's got respect. He's better at life.

[2:46:52 AM] PitchblackItalia : Tengo keep talking, cause I'm sure in life I have you beat, so try again
[2:47:21 AM] tengo : lol pitch, you like having a cock in your ass and mouth
[2:47:26 AM] tengo : you dont have anyone beat in life
[2:48:10 AM] PitchblackItalia : You're right Tengo I like Penis welcome to the 21st century
[2:48:14 AM] Cartman : we need a cuple more for cta, so wipe dem frowns off
[2:48:16 AM] Cartman : and join
[2:48:21 AM] PitchblackItalia : I'm in
[2:48:24 AM] DarkEvil : wtf tengo
[2:48:25 AM] Cartman : castiel/springguy
[2:48:40 AM] tengo : [2:48:10 AM] PitchblackItalia : You're right Tengo I like Penis welcome to the 21st century
[2:48:41 AM] tengo : rofl
[2:48:44 AM] DarkEvil : Your preference of sexuality has nothing to do with this game. That's the persons own buisness.
[2:48:48 AM] DarkEvil : Don't bring it up.

Darkevil is bothered that I told PBI he's a cocksucker, even after PBI confirmed he's a cocksucker.

[2:48:49 AM] Cartman : we need atleast 1 more for cta
[2:48:51 AM] Cartman : to keep it goin
[2:48:56 AM] tengo : pitch says it like everybody should be liking penis since it's the 21st century
[2:49:17 AM] tengo : darkevil he brought in the real life card, i just responded to it
[2:49:18 AM] PitchblackItalia : No I say this, you have no respect for anyone much less yourself
[2:49:27 AM] DarkEvil : STOP
[2:49:34 AM] Castiel : de pls stop
[2:49:39 AM] tengo : pbi im 10x better than you at everything that matters, i promise
[2:49:47 AM] tengo : now go eat a dick
[2:50:01 AM] — You have been muted. Reason: I asked you to stop.

Why would I be muted when I am responding to PBI's attacks? He brought in the real life card, so I responded with the real life card. Fair is fair, isn't it? Not if you're a white stuff-guzzling funny-man, apparently you are an exception to the rule.

[2:52:43 AM] PM from DarkEvil : I asked you to stop, the things you said were inappropriate, the things he said weren't
[2:53:06 AM] PM from DarkEvil : You mentioned sexuality and told him to go eat a dick, wth...mentioned that he had a cock up his ass and in his mouth
[2:53:18 AM] PM to DarkEvil : that was a response to him getting personal with me
[2:53:33 AM] PM to DarkEvil : him eating dicks is personal isnt it
[2:54:23 AM] PM from DarkEvil : Right, but his personal insults weren't offensive at all, I just read through them. He mentioned your maturity level, how he has respect over you and told you to go back to school
[2:54:24 AM] PM from DarkEvil : that's it
[2:54:34 AM] PM to DarkEvil : so because i was able to out do him on something he started
[2:54:42 AM] PM to DarkEvil : means you're going to go after the wrong person
[2:54:44 AM] PM to DarkEvil : makes sense
[2:54:48 AM] PM from DarkEvil : What you said was inappropriate.

So Darkevil's bothered that I was dishing personal insults (all of them true) to PBI, but wasn't bothered by the fact that PBI decided to begin using personal insults and taking an AC-related conversation out of context. PitchBlackItalia is protected as a huge funny-man to this game, and DarkEvil doesn't want to be reminded that he's a huge funny-man, even though he publicly confirmed the fact. My response wasn't "inappropriate" if I'm merely repeating how PitchBlackItalia chooses to live his life. The truth is, you are bothered by the fact that he's a huge funny-man, and feel the need to apply a double standard.

--

With that being said, I just wanted to say thanks to whoever decides to hand out administrative privileges. You must be a huge dumbfuck.
This post was last modified: 11-06-2014, 06:51 PM by DarkEvil.

11-04-2014, 08:04 PM #2
castiel n00b
[Image: trolling-gifs-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1329.gif]

[Image: lol-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-154.gif]
This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 08:07 PM by castiel.

11-05-2014, 12:20 AM #3
gates n00b
[Image: jxUF01M.gif]
[Image: 3w1ej.gif]
This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 12:20 AM by gates.

11-05-2014, 05:59 AM #4
springguy AC Developer
Tengo, you may not agree with my strategy for playing the Insight map and perhaps your right, maybe grabbing the flag and taking it back early so the other team doesn't have an easy shot at getting it is not the best strategy. Hell if I would know, I'm not a master insight strategist like you. I'm just a casual CTA player doing my best however weak that may be. However, none of that gives you a right to berate and belittle another member of the community with homophobic slurs and personal attacks publicly or privately simply because they disagreed with your opinion. I think your behavior totally unacceptable and not worthy of a CTA Staff member.

11-05-2014, 06:14 AM #5
gates n00b
(11-05-2014, 05:59 AM)springguy Wrote:  Tengo, you may not agree with my strategy for playing the Insight map and perhaps your right, maybe grabbing the flag and taking it back early so the other team doesn't have an easy shot at getting it is not the best strategy. Hell if I would know, I'm not a master insight strategist like you. I'm just a casual CTA player doing my best however weak that may be. However, none of that gives you a right to berate and belittle another member of the community with homophobic slurs and personal attacks publicly or privately simply because they disagreed with your opinion. I think your behavior totally unacceptable and not worthy of a CTA Staff member.

[Image: YKyX93L.gif]

11-05-2014, 06:37 AM #6
Bone Still n00b
Springguy, put tengo's approach and demeanor aside for a second. I've been curious about this subject for a long time. Maybe it's much simpler than I make it out to be. I'll use you as an example though since you responded in here, if that's ok. If not, do not respond I suppose.

When I was a lesser known sub-par player, whenever I played with the very best players, or even just better players than myself, I always watched to see what they would do. That's how you learn. If one of them gave me advice, I accepted the fact I wasn't as good as them and I'd listen. Not to pat myself on the back, because I think many people could accomplish this, but doing so I quickly improved. Much faster than most.

A brief history on myself to further elaborate what I'm talking about here. I came back to arc around 2005 from a couple year hiatus, and joined NiN. I wasn't very good. I quickly surpassed everyone in NiN, because they all had attitudes like "I'm always right, I know what I'm doing". They were actually dogshit. I was the only one who accepted I was dogshit though. I left and joined SI. Most people in SI were equal or better than I was. I quickly surpassed everyone in SI. They too would argue anytime someone tried correcting them, as if they were all-knowing. I left and joined CEO. That lasted maybe a couple months, because Fordus was still a dickhead back then and fucked us over, so CEO died. Then TBWA. So in a span of 4-5 years with very few clans, I went from a low tier clan to a top tier clan, arguably even the best clan minus whatever clan Mage was in.

So my own backstory makes me wonder sometimes. Why do lesser players get so defensive if someone better offers advice? Forget how they relay that message to you. There's no need for you to be sensitive about it just as much as there is no need for them to act like a dick about it. "I've played longer than you"... what does that mean or have to do with anything? There are lots of people who have played a long time and are very mediocre players still today. I'm not trying to be a dick here either, just curious if you can enlighten me on your thought process on this subject. When someone better offers advice, what makes you hesitant to listen? Is it you denying they're better than you, and you actually know better than them? Do you indeed know they're better, but ignore it anyways for some other reason? To spite them? Is it pure frustration because you're losing?

WHAT MAKES BAD PLAYERS STAY BAD FOR AS LONG AS THEY DO? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW.

For the record, this has always been one of my main issues about CTA by the way. I don't think the environment caters to improving players as opposed to other types of competitive play. You may learn some basic mechanics of the game, but then you plateau as an average player AT BEST. Not much thinking in depth occurs in CTA.
This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 06:40 AM by Bone.

11-05-2014, 07:12 AM #7
springguy AC Developer
Good story bro, thanks for sharing.

When I tell Tengo that I've played this game longer than he has, it is to let him know that his advice is not a revelation to me. Tengo may very well be 10 times better than me but that doesn't mean I'm going to follow his direction in every CTA game I play. I've played that map with many other players and it is in fact one of my highest winning percentage maps. I have my strategy and I see the same strategy used almost every time by the other team as well in that map. Not sure why all of a sudden Tengo's strategy here is taken to be the best and ONLY way to play that map. I have never heard anybody complain about grabbing the flag early before last night.

As to why bad players stay bad as long as they do. My guess is that they are only playing for fun, and being the best is just not their top priority. Along with that comes natural abilities like reaction times and motor control. Not everybody can be a mage-like player. I used to be in a competitive clan on TEN myself. Unfortunately those days are long gone, good times...

11-05-2014, 07:22 AM #8
Bone Still n00b
Well I'm sure I've played Insight numerous times, but I admittedly don't remember map names all that well. So I'm not putting much emphasis on what you should or shouldn't do in Insight. My questions were much more general. I was wondering why a better player can tell you something and in turn, you react the way you did apparently.

Conclusion:

1) Playing for fun, and along with this sometimes comes lack of motivation to improve? "I don't give a fuck" approach more or less.

2) Highest winning percentage for you personally in that map, so in some sense you correlate that to you having a good understanding of the map and know what to do while playing in it. Your knowledge of the map > Tengo's advice to you.

Any one else care to chime in?

Oh, and tengo was being a dick unnecessarily. Also, PitchblackItai is as weird and creepy as they come. He has like a Michael Jackson complex, and it's really not a laughing matter the likelihood that he's a child molester.
This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 07:27 AM by Bone.

11-05-2014, 07:31 AM #9
gates n00b
(11-05-2014, 07:12 AM)springguy Wrote:  Good story bro, thanks for sharing.

When I tell Tengo that I've played this game longer than he has, it is to let him know that his advice is not a revelation to me. Tengo may very well be 10 times better than me but that doesn't mean I'm going to follow his direction in every CTA game I play. I've played that map with many other players and it is in fact one of my highest winning percentage maps. I have my strategy and I see the same strategy used almost every time by the other team as well in that map. Not sure why all of a sudden Tengo's strategy here is taken to be the best and ONLY way to play that map. I have never heard anybody complain about grabbing the flag early before last night.

As to why bad players stay bad as long as they do. My guess is that they are only playing for fun, and being the best is just not their top priority. Along with that comes natural abilities like reaction times and motor control. Not everybody can be a mage-like player. I used to be in a competitive clan on TEN myself. Unfortunately those days are long gone, good times...

This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 07:33 AM by gates.

11-05-2014, 07:38 AM #10
springguy AC Developer
This is Insight for those that don't remember. Not a lot of strategy to this one:

[Image: fb461c2e2d63041ed4825146064e0fb8.png]

I never said I didn't give a fuck about winning. Just that I didn't give a fuck about Tengo's opinion on how best to do that.

Thread Closed