#Login Register
Some Thoughts After Being Away For A Couple Weeks
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

11-05-2014, 07:41 AM #11
eekum Veteran
My two cents.

Tengo's comments about Springguy represents a valid situation.

The comments about another players sexuality and the personal attacks are pretty out of line.

11-05-2014, 07:42 AM #12
gates n00b
Its confirmed, Rev never quit. Rev is springguy

11-05-2014, 08:17 AM #13
tengo Veteran
Springguy, the trash-talk between PitchBlackItai and I have nothing to do with you being a useless. Please focus on what's necessary here.

Your response that "you've played longer than me" was to insist that you don't need to be shown anything. The problem is, it wasn't just me that was telling you otherwise. There were two other players: Venture and Dip, both who are also better than you. At this point, not only is your entire team disagreeing with what you're doing, but your entire team is better than you and telling to play the map differently. You still refused! What's your deal? Why are you making it so difficult?

This is a huge problem, because in the real world, people learn from their mistakes quick. If you grew up playing a sport, such as basketball, you know your place compared to your peers, and if you're constantly getting outplayed without giving zero fucks, nobody is going to invite you to the court anymore. A pickup basketball game can be played "for fun" when your toddler niece and nephews are involved, otherwise the pickup game is a competitive game. You can't be a useless piece of shit on the court, if you are then you aren't welcome to the court. You need to learn. If you want to argue and deny basic basketball strategy, someone is going to beat your ass and throw you out.

Bone brought some great insights in here, but the sad story is that people like Springguy have fun ruining the game for others by being useless. "I'm done trying to get better, I'm just a sorry useless piece of shit that needs to be carried." That's the new attitude.

My comments to PBI were in response to him starting the personal insults. I never said a word to him until he began getting out of line with me. I think the source of the problem should be of concern - just because PBI is a funny-man doesn't mean he can get away with personal attacks while being protected from personal attacks. He should keep his mouth shut.
This post was last modified: 11-06-2014, 06:52 PM by DarkEvil.

11-05-2014, 08:31 AM #14
springguy AC Developer
Your comparing a CTA game to a competitive game of pickup basketball? if you want that, then go make a private server and invite your competitive friends. CTA is a publically open game where all skill levels are welcome. You should know that, your a CTA ref. PB did not "get out of line" with you. You attacked him in-game when he disagreed with what you were saying. I guess disagreeing with you is getting out of line.

11-05-2014, 08:35 AM #15
eekum Veteran
Honestly, the way I see it, is everyone should be welcome to criticism regardless of who it comes from.

Maybe someone is picking up a flaw in your game. Test the theory out, the results could be surprising.

If Tengo told me he thinks something I could do would help out better, I would listen to him. He's a better player than me for a reason.

11-05-2014, 08:42 AM #16
tengo Veteran
No, PBI attacked me personally while you were griefing in Insight. He was trying to defend you, but since he's just as stupid and unable to stick to debating AC strategy, he decided to use personal insults.

CTA and a game of pickup basketball are competitive in nature. Two teams are competing and the end result determines a winner and a loser. There is no difference. The analogy works because in both examples the result is the same. There is no reward, it's not a sanctioned tournament, but it's a competitive game. CTA is organized in the same manner, it's not "shooting hoops"; there are public games to mess around and test things out, however you are playing to win the CTA match. With ratings and statistics involved, winning is the goal of everybody who plays. You should know that, you're a CTA ref. Oh wait, you've barely reffed any games and don't understand basic strategy, so you wouldn't know anything.

If winning isn't important, organize your own private games that don't alter the ratings and statistics.
This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 08:43 AM by tengo.

11-12-2014, 10:05 AM #17
Turbo AC Administrator
I'm going to have to agree with tengo here. I played a CTA with Berserk once, and we played the same ninja assassin map with ports everywhere. Each team would get about 25 seconds to pick up the flag but for some reason Berserk would pick up the flag immediately, claiming he would be the first to get a nade.

We kept telling him how idiotic that was but he kept doing it... if I ever have to play a CTA and we reverted back to the old method of picking team, I would never pick berserk again because he doesn't listen to his team. Clearly, the strategy wasn't working yet he was still resorting to his stubborn ways.

I enjoy playing with certain individuals, gates or Bile as an example, because although they may make some mistakes, they never repeat them. It's frustrating as hell when the same person makes mistake over and over... and at the end of the game, you know that person will do the same thing next game. I would never pick someone with that mentality to play on my basketball team. Someone who keeps shooting the ball when passing it to someone is the better opportunity, or someone who keeps shooting the ball when the two big men who are great at getting offensive rebounds are near the perimeter. Shit like that just irks me...
This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 03:24 PM by Turbo.

Spark Administrator
Founder of CTA and Gladiators

Thread Closed