#Login Register
Fordus' Week 5 Power Rankings + playoff picture predictions
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

12-10-2014, 02:45 AM #1
Fordus Still n00b
Power Rankings

1. CaDF

Sailing right along. At this point, the way the competition breaks out, CaDF has its primary competition in Violent, and a more outier tier of competition in LN and DC. They showed this week that this outer tier is really not much of a sweat for them, beating LN and DC 6-2 and 6-1 respectively. In the DC game, we held it at 1-1 for the first half, before getting run over in the 2nd half. Looks like Violent is the great white hope of dethroning the champs.

2. Violent

For anyone rooting for an underdog victory in the league finals, Violent's loss to LN is concerning. Apparently Genocide had a really bad game, and I get it, it happens...but on paper, that loss is unexpected. I guess this shows two things: one, don't underestimate LN when they have their top 3 playing. Two, don't overestimate V when they don't have their top 3 playing. Still, I think Violent is a strong team and I expect them to use this small setback as a learning experience.

3. LN

4. DC

God, I hate putting LN above us, but damnit they've earned it. They beat RS, albeit super narrowly. They beat Violent--not V's strongest line, but still. They lost to CaDF 6-2, which is 1 cap better than DC did (6-1) and both these matches were in Joy. With these results and the fact that DC still hasn't had a chance to have Tengo play, I still like our chances against them, but I can't justify putting us 3rd. We fucking forfeited a game. Unacceptable. Between our unimpressive play and the forfeit, I'm our number one critic at this point. The only reason we're still at #4 is because we've still demonstrated the ability to outplay all the other teams. Tengo being able to play can't come soon enough. The RS win was huge for us though--with that and our relatively easily week 5 schedule, we shouldn't be in much danger of missing a playoff spot.

5. MM

These guys are on the rise. Perspolis was a great addition. I think they're going to finish this season strong and may even upset a team in the first round of playoffs.

6. RS

Their tough schedule in the end of the season is really starting to show their weaknesses as a team. Coldfire played absolutely terribly in their game against LN. Watching that game (and it was really close, very fun to watch) I do believe that had Cartman played instead of Coldfire, RS would've won that game.

7. AoA

I would've expected Masta to breathe new life into them, but it just hasn't happened. They're still not out of contention, but unfortunately their lack of depth is really becoming exposed and my guess is that they're the team that's going to get squeezed out of that last playoff spot, due to their hard schedule and the fact that all the psychological momentum is riding against them at this point.

11. Fckd

They have no playoff hopes, and still chose not to reschedule their game with DC when we didn't have 3 on. If they were in contention for a playoff spot, I would completely understand their desire to take the free win. But we're talking about a team with a 5 and 13 record. It's truly baffling because you'd think the team would at least want the experience of playing against better competition to learn and improve, or enjoy the experience of playing. Luckily for us, unless we beat LN this week AND LN loses to MM, it won't really have affected our playoff seedings that much.

BUT WAIT, there's more. Apparently in their game against CaDF, parrot was spiking and had to sub out for the first half, and Fcked chose to play them 4v3 instead of sitting one of their players. Again, this is a team that has 0 playoff hopes. Stay classy, Fckd.

------------

Playoff Picture Predictions:

Seedings:

1. CaDF
2. Violent
3. LN
4. DC
5. MM
6. RS / possibly AoA

Round 1:

(3) LN beats (6) RS / possibly AoA

(4) DC beats (5) MM

5th place game:

(5) MM beats (6) RS / possibly AoA

Round 2:

(1) CaDF beats (4) DC

(2) Violent beats (3) LN

3rd place game:

(4) DC beats (3) LN

Finals:

(1) CaDF beats (2) Violent
This post was last modified: 12-10-2014, 05:08 AM by Fordus.

12-10-2014, 03:19 AM #2
Riptide n00b
All I have to say is two things:

1. Karma (regarding the forfeit).

But really, spring was leaving within a short time frame after our scheduled game and that would've left us with two players for the rest of the day. It was already Sunday and we couldn't have rescheduled to the next week since that was the last day of Week 4. Either we take the forfeit or you take it, and I don't see any reason why we should favour DC in terms of seeding. If anything, this made it more interesting because now seeds 4 - 7 are that much closer. ADDITIONALLY, there's money involved for each win (not that I'm suggesting that this is our driving force or motivation, but just another point to note).

2. CaDF can't take Fckd 3vs4? Lol.

Again though, who cares? spring was kind enough to help Parrot fix his connection which lead to Parrotman subbing in for the second half to beat us 5-3. We were just having fun, and it was at least somewhat competitive in this manner. We only managed three caps in fifteen minutes. I'd say they were still playing all right considering the circumstances (also wins = money, again not that this is what gets us to play).

12-10-2014, 05:34 AM #3
Remag n00b
You guys really ended up making a bad choice. You should have sat a person because I am the weakest player in CADF... 3v3 with a weak link is a lot better than letting Parrotman join back up for the second half.

12-10-2014, 07:12 AM #4
niveus AC Developer
Lol at if cartman played they would of won. I think you're giving cartman far too much credit
This post was last modified: 12-10-2014, 08:23 AM by niveus.

12-10-2014, 08:06 AM #5
Fordus Still n00b
maybe, hard to imagine him doing worse than coldfire was doing though

12-10-2014, 08:25 AM #6
niveus AC Developer
Cartman would get eaten alive by yosh bone or unreal