#Login Register
Lobby Chat won't load
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

01-21-2015, 07:00 AM #1
spliff n00b
Hey, so when I log onto the Armor Critical webpage, it seems like it's connecting fine using my username & password. The maps seem like they might loading a little slow, but they eventually show up, and work. I can join maps and play games fine, but the bottom part of the screen where the chat used to be isn't loading. It reads "Connecting..." above the "Name" & "Clan" titles.

I tried to mess around in settings, but that all seems to be about gameplay. Launch mode and stuff didn't change anything with the chat not showing up.
I am currently using FireFox 35.0. I also tried using Internet Explorer 11 with no luck either.

Is it possible that I am banned from the Lobby, but not from playing???

I am on a very good computer running windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance.

01-21-2015, 03:29 PM #2
spliff n00b
OK, so I finally got into the chat tonight. But like after 10 minutes of reloading.

I had to change my "Launch Mode" in the settings, save, than refresh the webpage. Over, and over again until the chat showed up.
And this only worked on Internet Explorer, I still can't load the chat under FireFox...

I also made sure that my Java was up to date, and it is now.

I don't want to have to do this every time I want to log onto "Armour Critical" (do people call it that now, or are we sticking with ARC?). So if anyone has any ideas, they would be appreciated.

Thanks.

01-21-2015, 03:47 PM #3
Odoacer AC Operations Team
Launch mode would not prevent the chat from loading. It has to be something else. My guess is firewall/antivirus related.

02-28-2015, 03:20 PM #4
spliff n00b
So I still have this problem. I just have to keep reloading the webpage until the chat loads. Sometimes it takes 3 tries, sometimes 15 tries. It's pretty annoying.

How can I figure out whether it's firewall or antivirus related?? I don't want to turn my antivirus off..

Thanks.

02-28-2015, 04:24 PM #5
Nuts n00b
You only need to turn it off for a few mins to test if its the cause or not. Have you tried chrome? The game never has worked on IE for me and I used to play on firefox but that also no longer works. Chrome is the only one still functional for me.

03-02-2015, 09:34 AM #6
Unreal n00b
lol @ antivirus

03-19-2015, 10:44 AM #7
spliff n00b
So I also tried Chrome now, and the same thing happens.

I turned off my anti-virus (which is Avast), and that works!
So I added the webpage "http://armorcritical.com/chat" &"http://armorcritical.com" to my exclusions on Avast. It didn't seem to do anything. So I just reload the webpage a bunch of times until it works every time I play.
I don't want to have to switch my antivirus to a different program just for this? What should I do??

ALSO, I can't see incoming or outgoing PM's on my user name spliff.
But when I log on to a different username, my PMs work. How did that happen??? I don't want to have to change names. Help?

Thanks.

04-13-2015, 06:24 PM #8
spliff n00b
Hey! So probably not like anybody cares, but the lobby now loads first time, every time! Wicked!

Also, I can now see received and sent PM's!

I didn't change anything. Everything all the sudden started working on its own. So I don't know if the admins or programmers fixed anything, or just some weird bug that worked itself out. But just a heads up if you guys did do anything. My shit is fixed.

Thanks~